- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Celestron 7" Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope OTA - 91012 - Used - SOLD
- This Celestron 7" Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope OTA is Used and in Excellent Condition. Upon inspection, we found that the OTA is fully functional. There are no signs of use, but has obvious signs that the packaging has been opened. Otherwise, everything looks great.
- Image shows new product.
- Comes with High Point 90-Day Warranty
Celestron 7" Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope OTA
- This 7" f/15 Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope enables high contrast lunar and planetary views ideal for both planetary imaging and visual applications.
- Maximum light transmission ensured by premium Celestron StarBright XLT coatings.
- Package includes 2" visual back, 2" star diagonal and 1.25" adapter, 28 mm wide-field eyepiece, and 8x50 finderscope.
Maksutov-Cassegrain Optical Design Maks are catadioptric telescopes. This means that the optical design includes both a lens and a mirror. The light coming through a Mak passes through the corrector lens to the primary mirror and back to a spherical secondary mirror before it hits your eyepiece. Images are bright, sharp, and virtually free of chromatic aberration. This optical design provides users with many exceptional features. The Mak has a "secondary spot" of reflective coating applied directly to the interior of the corrector plate in lieu of a secondary mirror. This eliminates the need for frequent collimation as is the case with Schmidt-Cassegrains. In addition, the secondary spot is considerably smaller compared to a conventional Schmidt-Cassegrain secondary mirror, enabling the superior contrast views the Mak is known to offer. An important aspect to note regarding Maksutov-Cassegrain telescopes is that their larger, heavier corrector plates don't cool down and adjust to ambient air temperature as quickly as Schmidt-Cassegrains that have the same aperture.
StarBright XLT Technology StarBright XLT is Celestron’s revolutionary optical coating system that outperforms any other coating in the commercial telescope market. There are three major components that make up our StarBright XLT high-transmission optical system design:
- Unique enhanced multi-layer mirror coatings made from precise layers of aluminum, SiO2 (quartz), TiO2 (titanium dioxide), and SiO2 (silicon dioxide). Reflectivity is fairly flat across the spectrum, optimizing it for both imaging and visual observing.
- Multi-layer anti-reflective coatings made from precise layers of MgF2 (magnesium fluoride) and HfO2 (hafnium dioxide). Hafnium - a rare element that costs nearly $2,000 per kilogram - gives us a wider band pass than the titanium used in competing coatings.
- High-transmission water white glass is used instead of soda lime glass for the corrector lens. Water white glass transmits about 90.5% without anti-reflective coatings; that’s 3.5% better transmission than uncoated soda lime glass. When water white glass is used in conjunction with StarBright XLT’s anti-reflective coatings, the average transmission reaches 97.4%, an 8% improvement.