- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Celestron CGEM II 1100 SCT Computerized Telescope - 12012
Celestron 11" SCT on CGEM II Computerized GoTo EQ Mount
Celestron C11 SCT on the much improved CGEM II Equatorial Mount. The previous CGEM model, already an instrument valued highly by its users, has received a significant upgrade. Compared to the CGEM, the CGEM II now sports a more convenient design that includes longer lock levers as well as a dual-style saddle plate. Other new features consist of a USB 2.0 enabled PC connection with hand controller, Permanent Periodic Error Correction and a port for the sole purpose of autoguiding.
Celestron CGEM II GoTo Equatorial Mount
Though it's been a beloved equatorial platform for several years, Celestron has never been a company to get complacent. Therefore, they decided to enhance the CGEM by giving it a full interior and exterior renovation.
At first glance, one immediately notices that the Celestron CGEM II equatorial mount sports a more ergonomic design than the previous model. Longer lock levers facilitate easier mount adjustments. Additionally, a new hefty dual saddle plate fits CGEM as well as CG-5 dovetails. This allows almost any optical tube assembly to be mounted quickly without any need for an adapter.
The CGEM II equatorial mount features a generous 40 lb. payload capacity. This powerful yet portable mount is able to accept up to an 11" EdgeHD optical tube, and can still be dismantled into manageable components for convenient storage when traveling to dark sky locations with vehicle space at a premium. The mount itself has a weight of 40 lbs. minus the counterweights and tripod. The included heavy-duty tripod has also received an upgrade and weighs a mere 20 pounds.
On the subject of the tripod, this one features 2" wide stainless steel legs for superior strength and support. Graduated indicators on each leg make for easy and efficient leveling. The spreader bar augments the sturdiness of the legs by pushing against them, while the interior of the spreader contains repositories for any extra eyepieces you might wish to bring along to your next night sky viewing party.
Whether developed for the prior CGEM model or the current CGEM II, this mount's electronics will allow you to put together, operate, and tend to your CGEM II via the following innovative features:
- An All-Star Polar Alignment design is incorporated into the CGEM II, allowing you to precisely polar align each and every star in the sky even if you can't observe the celestial pole. No need for a polar finderscope!
- Seamless imaging over the best section of the sky through beyond the meridian tracking.
- With PPEC, or Permanent Periodic Error Correction, you only have to prepare the periodic error on your worm gears one time. After that, the system will remember your PEC settings even following shut down.
- The CGEM II is capable of slewing at 5 degrees per second, getting you where you want to go fast!
- The bottom of the NexStar GoTo controller features a USB 2.0 port to enable not only firmware updates for the mount and controller, but to connect directly to a PC using ASCOM compliant software as well.
- With the touch of a button you'll be exploring 40,000 plus celestial objects including stars, star clusters, planets, galaxies, nebulae, and more. A built-in database permits up to 100 user-defined objects and provides extended detail on 200 prime night sky objects.
For more information on the Celestron CGEM II Equatorial Mount, take a look at our YouTube video in which Celestron product engineer, Bryan Cogdell, proudly goes over the highlights of the CGEM II Mount with High Point Scientific's Robert Dugan.
Celestron CGEM II Mount Specifications
- Mount Type: Equatorial
- Mount Electronics: Computerized with GoTo
- Mount Weight Capacity: 40 lb.
- Hand Controller Included: Yes, NexStar
- Objects in Database: 40,000
- Latitude Range: 15 - 70 degrees
- Mount Slew Speeds: Up to 5 Degrees per Second
- GPS? No, but accepts GPS Accessory
- PPEC? Yes
- Mounting Style: Vixen or Losmandy Dovetail Plate via Included Dual Saddle Plate
- Includes Counterweights: Yes, two 17 lb each.
- Tripod: 2” Diameter Stainless Steel Legs
- Tripod Weight: 20 lb.
- Mount Weight: 40 lb.
Celestron 11" Schmidt-Cassegrain OTA
The Celestron 11" Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope sports an aluminum optical tube design with Celestron's superior StarBright XLT coatings. Features a focal length of 2800 mm (f/10) for premium, high-contrast views and high magnification capabilities.
Celestron C11 SCT Optical Tube Features:
- 11" Schmidt-Cassegrain, 2800 mm focal length (f/10) Aluminum Optical Tube
- Celestron premium StarBright XLT coatings
- The Celestron C11 comes with a Celestron 1.25" star diagonal and a 9x50 finder
- Includes 2 year warranty