- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Celestron NexStar SLT Accessory & Eyepiece Kit - SLTKIT
Celestron 22082 NexStar Eyepiece Kits
Welcome to the exciting hobby of astronomy! A good telescope, like the Celestron NexStar SLT, will allow you to enjoy endless hours exploring the Solar System and deep space, and a few extra accessories, like those hand-picked for inclusion in this Celestron NexStar SLT telescope kit, will add greatly to that enjoyment. In this special accessory kit you will find an extra eyepiece, a 2X Barlow lens, an AC Adapter, and a Moon Filter. Unlike some accessory kits that include stuff you really don’t need, each of these items has real value, and will be used on a regular basis when you are out star-gazing with your NexStar SLT telescope! Let’s talk about each item separately…first up, that extra eyepiece.
High Point 32 mm Plossl 1.25” Eyepiece
In this Celestron NexStar Eyepiece Kits, we are including a High Point 32 mm Plossl 1.25” Eyepiece. Together with the 25 mm & 9 mm eyepieces included with the NexStar SLT telescope, and a 2X Barlow lens that is also included in this bundle (more on that below!) you will have a total of six different magnifications to choose from!
The HP 32mm Plossl eyepiece has a chrome barrel that is threaded for 1.25” filters, and will give you low to medium power, high contrast views due to its fully multi-coated lens surfaces and their blackened edges to keep stray light from lowering contrast. Eye relief is an important consideration when choosing an eyepiece, and we are happy to report that the High Point 32 mm Plossl is bestowed with a generous amount. With 20 mm of eye relief, this full-sized 32mm eyepiece is easy to look through, whether you wear glasses while observing or not.
High Point 2X Barlow Lens
As we alluded to just a few minutes ago, a 2X Barlow lens is a great accessory to have in your telescope kit! Why? Because all you have to do to get twice the magnification of any given eyepiece is slip it into the barrel of a 2X Barlow Lens and place both components in your focuser or diagonal. In the Barlow, a 32 mm eyepiece magnifies like a 16 mm eyepiece, or to put it another way, an eyepiece that gives you 100X magnification will now yield images at 200X. The more eyepieces you have, the more economical a Barlow becomes. Three eyepieces and a Barlow, which is what you will have if you buy this accessory bundle for your Celestron NexStar SLT telescope, will give you six different magnification choices. Add another eyepiece to the mix and now you have eight choices...you get my drift!The High Point 2X Barlow will work with any standard 1.25" eyepiece and will, as mentioned earlier, double the eyepiece’s magnification by a factor of 2X. The optics of the 2X Barlow are anti-reflection coated and the edges have been blackened to keep stray light at bay.
High Point 1.25” Moon Filter
Looking at the Moon through a telescope is a wondrous sight, but if you don’t do something to cut back on the brightness level a bit, you will find yourself stumbling around in the dark long after your eye has left the eyepiece.
A simple but very effective solution to “moon blindness” is to attach a neutral density (aka “Moon”) filter to the barrel of your eyepiece. It just takes a few seconds, the filter screws on for a secure fit. Once in place you will still see all the details of the Moon’s many features, but your eyes will be relaxed and you will actually see more than you would with a non-filtered view. We have included a High Point 1.25” Moon Filter in the Celestron NexStar XLT Accessory Bundle. It will fit any standard 1.25” eyepiece or Barlow, which means it can be used with the 32 mm Plossl Eyepiece and the 2X Barlow that is part of this kit.
Celestron AC Adapter for NexStar SLT Telescopes
Last but not least, a great accessory for any motorized or computerized telescope is one that gives you the ability to provide power by an alternate means. The Celestron NexStar SLT telescope comes with an internal battery compartment and accepts user-supplied AA batteries (8 of them). However, Celestron also makes an AC Adapter that plugs into the SLT and a standard AC wall outlet. If you are observing within about 12-feet of a wall outlet, you will appreciate the ability to save your batteries for a time when you are away from AC power! The Celestron 18778 AC Adapter is the final component of our NexStar SLT Accessory Bundle. It provides +12 volts DC at 2.5 amperes for your telescope.
Read more about the NexStar SLT Accessory Bundle.