- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Celestron NexImage 10 Solar System Imager - 93708
Celestron NexImage 10 Color Solar System Imager
What do you get when you combine the innovation of Celestron & The Imaging Source, plus the latest CMOS technology from ON Semiconductor? The Celestron NexImage 10 Solar System Color Imager, that's what! The NexStar 10 boasts features like USB 3.0 SuperSpeed (backwards compatible with USB 2.0), a high resolution ON Semiconductor CMOS color sensor with super small 1.67 micron pixels in a 3856 x 2754 pixel array, Celestron iCap image capture software, RegiStax stacking software, and more.
The Celestron NexImage 10 is PACKED with pixels. More than ten million pixels. That may not seems like a lot compared to a consumer point-and-shoot camera, but in the planetary imaging world, it’s all about how much detail per pixel is seen. With super-small 1.67µm pixels, smaller telescopes with shorter focal lengths are still going to yield tremendous planetary detail. It’s one of the best valued high-res USB 3 planetary imaging cameras out there.
Simply point your telescope at the Moon or a planet and record a quick video. The software analyzes each frame of video, throws away the fuzzy ones, and perfectly aligns the remaining images. The result is a bright, clear image with the maximum amount of color and detail. NexImage 10 is a great way to get started with astroimaging, especially if you live in a light-polluted area. If you can see the planet in the sky, you can image it with NexImage 10!
Celestron NexStar 10 Solar System Imager Features
- Easy to use color camera provides live video for quick focusing
- Smaller telescopes get more resolution with the NexStar 10
- USB 3.0 SuperSpeed connection is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0
- 3856 x 2754 pixel array sensor produces high resolution images
- 10 megapixels (10 million pixels!) makes the NexStar 10 great for both lunar and solar system imaging
- Small 1.67 micron pixels delivers more detail and requires less focal length, without the need for a Barlow lens
- Mac OS X compatible! Download free Lynkeos Image Processing Software for Mac here.
- Includes Celestron iCap software for image capture and export
- Includes RegiStax software - automatically filters the best images, aligns, and stacks
- Also comes with 1.25" nosepiece and 10' USB cable
Celestron NexStar 10 Solar System Imager Specifications
- A/D Conversion: 12 bit
- Back Focus Distance: 13.1mm with nosepiece
- Binning: 2x2
- Max Frame Rate: 200+
- Exposure Range: 0.0001 to 10 seconds
- Imaging Sensor: ON Semi MT9J003 Color CMOS
- Mounting: 1.25” barrel and C-thread
- Operating Environment: 40C° to -40C° (104F to -40F)
- Optical Window: Yes
- Shutter: Rolling
- Software Compatibility: iCap, IC Capture, DirectShow, oaCapture
- Sub-Framing: Hardware ROI
- Optical Coatings: Anti-reflection multi-coatings with IR-block on cover glass
- Power Requirements: Powered by USB
- Camera Resolution: 3856 x 2764
- Sensor Size: 6.4mm x 4.6mm
- Pixel Size: 1.67 micron square
- USB Cable: High-Speed 3.0, 10' cable length
- Weight: 2 oz