- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Celestron PowerTank Lithium LT - 18763
Celestron PowerTank Lithium LT
- The most compact, lightweight, and portable lithium power pack Celestron has produced to date
- Included 12 volt regulating circuit supplies up to 8 hours of consistent power at the voltage optimally suited for peak telescope performance
- Comes with a fast charge USB port for charging your electronic devices quickly in the field
- Meets current FAA carry-on baggage regulations
Conveniently power your telescope on the go with Celestron's PowerTank Lithium LT, the most compact and lightweight lithium-ion power pack Celestron has ever produced. This user-friendly device will soon be an essential part of your telescope accessory kit, camping gear, emergency kit, and more.
Stable Power Designed for Telescopes Made with Lithium Nickel Manganese Cobalt Oxide [LiNiMnCoO2] or NMC technology, the PowerTank Lithium LT provides a constant charge for extended periods while requiring less maintenance compared to a conventional sealed lead-acid battery. Unlike other lithium-ion power packs in this price range, the PowerTank Lithium LT was designed for astronomers by astronomers - specifically for the unique needs of computerized telescopes. Telescope electronics are extremely sensitive to voltage. Powering a telescope using less than ideal voltage puts unnecessary burden on the motors with heavier payloads and can even cause glitches in the electronics. With the PowerTank Lithium LT, a built-in voltage regulator makes sure that at least 11.8 volts is delivered for the majority of the battery's life, until the battery is depleted and shuts off. You may see competitors claim that their batteries hold enough watt-hours of electricity to power your telescope for hours. The technology in these batteries was originally developed to power much lower-voltage electronics, such as home CPAP machines. Although the voltage actually being delivered starts off at 12V, it diminishes rapidly, impacting your telescope’s performance and becoming functionally useless within about 2-3 hours. Celestron’s telescope engineers worked hand-in-hand with battery suppliers on the PowerTank Lithium LT to make sure that it does not experience this dropoff in performance. The built-in voltage regulator ensures a stable 12V output, regardless of the amount of charge left in the battery. This keeps your telescope’s electronics safe and performing their best, so you can focus on astronomy. Most batteries currently on the market use Lithium Cobalt Oxide. This offers far fewer advantages compared to the NMC chemistry employed by the PowerTank Lithium LT. In addition to lasting longer and have three times the number of charge cycles, NMC batteries also provide overcharge and over-discharge protection and are capable of withstanding temperatures as much as 100ºF (60ºC) higher than LiCoO2 batteries. NMC batteries are therefore less likely to experience thermal runaway. Compared to a lead-acid battery, the PowerTank Lithium LT is smaller, lighter, more efficient, and better for the environment. It offers better performance, a longer lifespan, and safer operation than other low-cost lithium-ion battery chemistries. Features include automatic shut-off, reverse polarity protection, charging/discharging protection, overcurrent protection, and short circuit protection.
Use in the Field An exceptionally portable form factor allows the power pack to be taken with you just about anywhere from remote dark sky locations to distant campgrounds. The unit secures to a tripod leg using included 2" strap so that it isn't in the way while it's busy powering your telescope. Other than the power cable need to charge your telescope, no additional cables are required. If you need to power your telescope and charge electronic devices simultaneously, the PowerTank Lithium LT features two output ports: one 12V DC port for the telescope and one fast-charging 2.1A USB charging port for smartphones and tablets. This USB port can also support any accessories that require 5V USB power.
Travel with PowerTank Take the PowerTank Lithium LT with you on your next vacation. At 73.3 watt-hours, it meets current FAA regulations (160 Wh) for transportation in your carry-on baggage. Please check in advance with your airline to verify they do not have stricter policies. Do not place PowerTank Lithium LT in your checked baggage.
PowerTank Lithium LT Compatibility List
- Advanced VX
- CG-5 (with CG-5 Aux. splitter)
- NexStar SE
- CGEM II
- CGEM, CGEM DX
- CPC, CPC DX
- NexStar GT (2015 and newer models with Aux. splitter)
- NexStar SLT