- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Celestron PowerTank Lithium Rechargeable Power Supply - 18771
Celestron PowerTank Lithium LiFePO4 Rechargeable Power Supply
for Telescopes, Smartphones, Tablets, and USB Devices
Wow, take a look at this Celestron PowerTank Lithium! It is way more portable than traditional rechargeable power supplies, and unlike lithium-ion and sealed lead acid batteries, the Power Tank Lithium uses Lithium Iron Phosphate chemistry, which offers these benefits:
- Up to 2000 charge cycles - way more than both lithium-ion or sealed lead acid designs
- A un-recharged shelf life of up to 10 years - a huge improvement
- Battery performance doesn't degrade as quickly as other chemistries
- Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) is safer than other designs - it won't be a fire danger if punctured, and it can withstand higher temperatures than other batteries
- The PowerTank Lithium does not use toxic heavy metals like cobalt or lead. Instead, LiFePO4 uses phosphate, which is much more environmentally friendly.
- Because of the advanced chemistry and design, the Power Tank Lithium is smaller, lighter, safer, and easier to maintain!
Uses for the Celestron PowerTank Lithium
- Strap this 2.25 pound self-contained power supply to your telescope's tripod leg, plug it in, and power your observing sessions! Since it is cylinder-shaped and is just 7.5" tall x 3" in diameter, the Powertank Lithium won't get in your way, and because the controls are on the top of the PowerTank rather than on the side, it is easy to see status, and turn the battery off and on.
- Charge your smartphone and/or tablet, not to mention your camera or any other USB-powered device! The PowerTank Lithium has two USB Charging Ports, both at 5VDC. One puts out 1000mA and the other puts out 2100mA. This large capacity power supply can be your emergency back-up at home or on the road. When the PowerTank Lithium needs recharging, the included Charger plugs into the wall and takes about 3 hours.
- The Celestron PowerTank Lithium has an LED light panel on one side that can put extra illumination where you need it. Remember, because this power supply is just 7.5" long, 3" in diameter and weighs just 2.25 pounds, it can be picked up when necessary to shine a light where you need it. You have a choice of white or red light with two different brightness settings for each. Okay, so this will never take the place of a hand-held flashlight, but we like the fact that you can use the Powertank Lithium in a pinch.
Celestron PowerTank Lithium Specifications
- Battery Capacity: 86.4 Wh
- Charging Input: 16VDC @ 2000mA
- Charge Time from Flat: 3 Hours
- Telescope Output: 12VDC @ 3000mA, Tip Positive
- USB Charging Port 1: 5VDC @ 1000mA
- USB Charging Port 2: 5VDC @ 2100mA
- Light Panel: Red or White, each with 2 brightness settings
- Weatherproof/Dustproof: IP-65 Rating
- Telescope Power Cord: 6.5 Feet with Connector for Celestron Telescopes
- Dimensions: 7.5" Tall x 3" Diameter
- Weight: 2.25 pounds