- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Celestron Advanced VX 700 Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope - 12035
Celestron 7" Advanced VX Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope
- Ideal for devoted planetary imagers and visual observers, this 7" f/15 Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope from Celestron enables high contrast views of both the Moon and planets.
- Includes premium Celestron StarBright XLT coatings for guaranteed maximum light transmission.
- Out of all the German equatorial mounts Celestron offers, the Advanced VX is the most compact and portable, providing a 30 lb. payload capacity and minimal flexure while maintaining the same rigidity as their larger mounts.
- This mount boasts many features desired by astro-imagers including PEC, an autoguider port, and the ability to image across the meridian.
- Dual-style saddle plate accepts both the narrow CG-5 as well as the wider CGE dovetails.
- The Celestron Advanced VX 700 Mak-Cass comes with a 28 mm 2" eyepiece, 8x50 finderscope, 2" star diagonal with 1.25" adapter, and 2" visual back.
Expressly designed to allow high contrast lunar and planetary views, the Celestron Advanced VX 700 Maksutov-Cassegrain raises the bar for telescopes in the intermediate difficulty range. With the combination of a Maksutov-Cassegrain optical tube, rigid Advanced VX equatorial mount, and tripod with 2" diameter stainless steel legs, this system provides spectacular views of planets as well as detailed looks at craters, maria, and other features of the Moon's surface. For astronomers who experience their fair share of light pollution living in metropolitan areas, the ability of the 700 Mak to emphasize a greater amount of contrast in celestial targets will be a highly regarded feature. Furthermore, the entire system can be easily dismantled into individual components that are conveniently lightweight, making it optimal for carrying to remote dark sky locations.
Maksutov-Cassegrain Optical Design Maks are catadioptric telescopes, an optical design that includes both a lens and a mirror. Light entering a Mak passes through the corrector lens to the primary mirror and back to a spherical secondary mirror before making its way to the eyepiece. Resulting images are bright, sharp, and are virtually free of chromatic aberration. Maksutov-Cassegrain telescopes do not need to be constantly collimated like Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes do. This is because the Mak's optical design contains a "secondary spot" of reflective coating applied directly to the inside of the corrector plate in lieu of a secondary mirror. In addition, compared to a traditional Schmidt-Cassegrain secondary mirror, the secondary spot is considerably smaller. This enables the Mak's trademark high contrast views. An important aspect to note regarding Maksutov-Cassegrain telescopes is that the larger, heavier Maksutov corrector plate takes longer to cool down and adjust to ambient air temperature than a Schmidt-Cassegrain of the same aperture.
Advanced VX Computerized German Equatorial Mount & Tripod Celestron's Advanced VX equatorial mount benefits from advanced technologies such as All-Star Polar Alignment, Celestron PWI telescope control software, SkyAlign, and permanently programmable periodic error correction (PPEC) in order to facilitate premium performance for smaller telescopes. Capable of providing all the conveniences typically afforded by larger observatory mounts, the Celestron AVX mount will be greatly appreciated by seasoned astrophotogrphers for its easy portability to and from remote dark sky locations. For new imagers, the Advanced VX will be an invaluable asset in helping spark a lifelong passion for the hobby. The smallest of Celestron's German equatorial mounts, the Advanced VX features computerized GoTo capability for automatic tracking of objects as they move across the night sky. The Advanced VX mount is outfitted with ports for a hand controller and autoguider, as well as two AUX ports for optional accessories. Instant access to all your mount's functions is provided via the NexStar+ hand controller. With automatic slewing and menu descriptions, astronomers of all skill levels will be able to master this mount in just a few observing sessions. The Advanced VX also includes a stainless steel tripod with 2" diameter legs for an extra-wide stance that enhances stability.
Payload Capacity The Advanced VX accepts payloads weighing up to 30 lbs. This is enough to provide the 7" Maksutov-Cassegrain optical tube with a solid, dependable platform that can easily take on additional accessories such as StarSense AutoAlign, Focus Motor, a finderscope, and a camera. Celestron's payload capacity does not include the weight of the counterweights.
Dual Saddle Plate Beginning in early 2019, Celestron is including a new dual saddle plate that fits both CG-5 and CGE-style dovetails with their Advanced VX mount. Replacing the old saddle plate requires nothing more than moving the hand knobs into a separate set of holes. This allows the AVX mount to be used with the 7" Mak as well as nearly any optical tube that satisfies the Advanced VX's weight capacity.
Celestron PWI Telescope Control Software All current Celestron computerized telescopes include Celestron PWI (CPWI), the most advanced astronomy software suite provided with any consumer-grade telescope. Celestron’s experts co-developed CPWI with the engineers at PlaneWave Instruments. The result is an all-in-one solution offering you many of the same features used on PlaneWave’s observatory-class telescopes.
- Graphical planetarium interface with PointXP advanced mount modelling allows you to add 100+ points to your alignment model for the most accurate pointing and tracking possible.
- Ideal for remote observatory setups: save and re-load your alignment and park your scope.
- Provides a complete ASCOM telescope interface to allow control of the telescope from third party software applications.
Starry Night Software
Also included with your purchase is a free download of Celestron’s Starry Night Special Edition Software. This advanced software by Simulation Curriculum offers detailed information about celestial objects and helps you plan your next observing or imaging session. The Special Edition software also includes telescope control via your PC.
Please Note: The AVX dual saddle is compatible with Celestron’s narrow (CG-5) dovetails, third party Vixen (V-Style) dovetails, and Celestron's larger CGE style dovetails. It is not compatible with Losmandy (D-Style) dovetails.