- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Celestron Advanced VX 9.25" EdgeHD Computerized GoTo Telescope - 12033
Celestron 9.25" Advanced VX EdgeHD Computerized GoTo Telescope
- This 9.25" (235 mm) f/10 EdgeHD SCT optical tube provides a truly flat field by thoroughly correcting for coma and field curvature.
- With an inherent f/10 focal ratio, the required image scale for capturing even the most diminutive of deep sky objects can be obtained.
- Features Celestron's premium patented StarBright XLT optical coatings for maximum light transmission.
- Accepts payloads weighing up to 30 lbs. while maintaining the same rigidity as larger, less portable mounts, and producing only the slightest flexure.
- Contains everything astro-imagers want including PEC and an autoguider port, as well as across the meridian imaging capability and more.
- Both narrow CG-5 and wide CGE dovetails are suitable for use with this system's dual saddle plate.
- Comes with a 23 mm eyepiece, 2" Star Diagonal with 1.25" adapter, and 9x50 finderscope
Especially designed to deliver supreme quality astrophotographs, the 9.25" EdgeHD Advanced VX telescope raises the bar for intermediate level instruments. This EdgeHD optical tube and rigid AVX equatorial mount and tripod combination provides planetary views, up-close lunar surface views that include craters and maria, and spectacular deep sky images that are unrivaled.
EdgeHD Optical Design
EdgeHD is an aplanatic, flat field Schmidt optical system that produces aberration-free images across a wide visual and photographic field of view. The optical system reduces more than just off-axis star coma; it provides an astrograph-quality flat focal plane all the way to the edge of the field of view.
Compared to telescopes with a standard Schmidt-Cassegrain design, telescopes with EdgeHD optics produce a focal plane more than three times flatter, and drastically flatter than competing coma-free telescopes. This ensures noticeably sharp stars across the largest currently available imaging sensors.
Advanced VX Mount & Tripod
The Advanced VX mount is designed to provide superior performance for smaller telescopes while taking advantage of Celestron’s most advanced technologies: All-Star Polar Alignment, Celestron PWI telescope control software, SkyAlign, and permanently programmable periodic error correction (PPEC).
Seasoned imagers will love the convenience of being able to transport this mount to dark sky locations all while benefiting from the luxuries of a larger observatory mount. For those new to imaging, the Celestron AVX mount can help kickstart a new hobby and keep up with your needs as you gain experience as an astro-imager.
Computerized German Equatorial Mount
The Advanced VX is the smallest of Celestron’s German equatorial mounts. Computerized GoTo capability automatically tracks objects as they move across the night sky. Includes ports for a hand control, an autoguider, and 2 AUX ports for optional accessories. The NexStar+ hand control gives you instant access to all the functions your mount has to offer. With automatic slewing and menu descriptions, astronomers of all skill levels can master this mount in just a few observing sessions. The Advanced VX also has an impressive tripod for its class with 2” diameter steel tripod legs, providing an extra-wide stance for improved stability.
With a 30 pound payload capacity, the Advanced VX gives users a sturdy platform that is more than capable of accepting the 9.25" EdgeHD optical tube even when coupled with optional accessories such as StarSense AutoAlign, Focus Motor, a finderscope, and a camera. The weight of the counterweights is not included in Celestron's payload capacity.
Dual Saddle Plate
As of early 2019, Advanced VX mounts now include a new dual saddle plate that accommodates both CG-5 and CGE-style dovetails. Switching between the two saddle plates is as simple as moving the hand knobs into a separate set of holes. This means you can use your Advanced VX mount not only with the 9.25” EdgeHD, but virtually any optical tube within Advanced VX’s weight limit. The mount is compatible with Vixen format dovetails 100 mm or longer, but not compatible with Losmandy D format plates (regardless of plate manufacturer).
Celestron PWI Telescope Control Software
All current Celestron computerized telescopes include Celestron PWI (CPWI), the most advanced astronomy software suite provided with any consumer-grade telescope. Celestron’s experts co-developed CPWI with the engineers at PlaneWave Instruments. The result is an all-in-one solution offering you many of the same features used on PlaneWave’s observatory-class telescopes.
- Graphical planetarium interface with PointXP advanced mount modelling allows you to add 100+ points to your alignment model for the most accurate pointing and tracking possible.
- Ideal for remote observatory setups: save and re-load your alignment and park your scope.
- Provides a complete ASCOM telescope interface to allow control of the telescope from third party software applications.
Starry Night Software
Also included with your purchase is a free download of Celestron’s Starry Night Special Edition Software. This advanced software by Simulation Curriculum offers detailed information about celestial objects and helps you plan your next observing or imaging session. The Special Edition software also includes telescope control via your PC.