- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Celestron AstroMaster 114 EQ Newtonian Reflector Telescope with Equatorial Mount and Motor Drive - 31042-MD
Celestron AstroMaster 114 EQ 4.5” Telescope
Comes with RA Motor Drive!
The AstroMaster 114 EQ - A Very Popular Telescope!
The Celestron AstroMaster 114 EQ is one of the most popular telescopes we sell at High Point Scientific, and its no wonder! Unlike many other beginner telescopes at this price, the AstroMaster 114 EQ telescope with a motor drive has enough light-gathering capacity to venture out of the Solar System and into deep-space. It’s portable equatorial mount, complete with advanced features like setting circles and slow motion control cables, can be used in a simplistic manner, or can be aligned so that you can follow the movement of the stars as they arc through the sky.
Great for Both Celestial & Terrestrial Use!
The Celestron 4.5” Newtonian AstroMaster motor drive telescope is a perfect choice for kids and adults! The sturdy tripod, mount and portable blue telescope tube can be set up in a matter of minutes and will give you hours of star-gazing (planet-gazing, galaxy-gazing) pleasure. One of the cool features of the AstroMaster 114 EQ is its ability to provide bright, upright images both night and day. This means you don’t have to put your telescope away when the Sun comes up! Use it to do some bird- or nature-watching in your own backyard, or take it camping to look at wildlife at a safe distance.
Saturn and Jupiter and the Orion Nebula…Oh, My!
If you haven’t seen Saturn through a telescope yet, you won’t believe your eyes! The Celestron AstroMaster 114 EQ motor drive telescope can easily see Saturn’s rings and even several of its moons. Jupiter is bright and banded with a faint rusty hue, and you can even see the polar ice caps on Mars when ventures closer to Earth. The Moon is spectacular through this telescope, in fact, the Moon’s so bright, you gotta wear shades.
While solar system objects like the Moon, Jupiter, Saturn, Venus, and Mars will always be among your favorites, remember that the Celestron AstroMaster 114 can look back in time millions of years! Check out a multitude of deep-sky objects with your motor drive telescope. Gaze at the countless stars in the Hercules star cluster, M-13, watch the spectacular Orion Nebula as it seems to take flight near the great warrior’s sword, and wonder at the star city of the Andromeda Galaxy, sister to our own Milky Way.
This is a Real Telescope, Not a Toy
The Celestron AstroMaster 114 EQ motor drive telescope is a reflector, which means it uses a mirror to collect the light of millions of Suns. The primary and secondary mirrors are glass, and are coated with aluminum to maximize light collection. The rack & pinion focuser rides near the front of the telescope on the side of the tube. It is easy make adjustments to focus as you switch eyepieces or users. The telescope attaches to the equatorial mount via a pair of “cradle” rings. It is easy to set-up and remove the tube from the rings, and they lock together with oversized knobs once you have the OTA, or optical tube assembly, in place as desired.
The equatorial mount comes with two slow-motion control knobs for easy adjustments in both right ascension (left/right) and declination (north/south). To make large movements, simply turn the lock knobs while holding onto the OTA and swing it into place, then re-lock the knob. The steel tripod is pre-assembled for you, and has adjustable height legs. An accessory tray stabilizes the tripod and provides a good place to set your eyepieces and other accessories when not in use.
Bonus! Get a Motor Drive with this AstroMaster!
This Celestron AstroMaster 114 EQ comes with a motor drive. This motorized unit is a small black box that attaches easily to the Right Ascension drive. Once it has been installed and turned on, the motor will cause the right ascension gear to turn at just the right speed to track stars across the sky as the Earth rotates. This is very handy, because you will be surprised at how quickly objects move through your eyepiece field of view without any tracking assistance! We forget that we are on a turning globe until we put a little magnification on an object and watch it drift across the eyepiece. The AstroMaster Motor Drive telescope uses a 9V (user supplied) battery.
Learn about a few of the most popular Celestron AstroMaster Accessories
Celestron AstroMaster 114 EQ Specifications:
- Optical Design: Newtonian Reflector
- Aperture: 114 mm (4.49 in)
- Focal Length: 1000 mm (39.37 in)
- Focal Ratio: 8.77
- Optical Coatings: Aluminum
- Highest Useful Magnification: 269 X
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 16 X
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 12.8
- Rayleigh Resolution: 1.22 arc seconds
- Dawes Resolution: 1.02 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power: 265 X compared to human eye
- Apparent Field of View: 1°
- Linear Field of View: 53 feet @ 1000 yards
- Optical Tube Length: 18”
- Mount Type: CG-2 Equatorial Mount
- Eyepiece 1: 20 mm (0.79 in), yields 50x magnification
- Eyepiece 2: 10 mm (0.39 in), yields 100x magnification
- Finderscope: Built-on Star Pointer
- Weight: 17 lb (7.71 kg)
- Warranty: Two Years