- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Celestron CGEM II 925 EdgeHD Computerized Telescope - 12018
Celestron 9.25" EdgeHD SCT on CGEM II GoTo EQ Mount
Freshly upgraded CGEM II Equatorial Mount with 9.25" EdgeHD Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope. Celestron has improved upon the already much appreciated CGEM mount substantially. The CGEM II mount now contains a more user-friendly design that includes a dual-style dovetail saddle and longer lock levers. Other new components include a USB 2.0 powered PC connection with hand controller, Permanent Periodic Error Correction and an independent autoguiding port.
Celestron CGEM II GoTo Equatorial Mount
The astronomy community has held the Celestron CGEM equatorial platform in high esteem for a long time. Despite its enormous popularity, Celestron saw that they could make it even better by giving it a complete renovation inside and out, thus introducing the CGEM II mount.
With a more ergonomic design that includes longer lock levers, the Celestron CGEM II mount provides a more convenient user experience than its predecessor. Plus, the included heavy-duty dual saddle plate fits both CGEM (Losmandy) and CG-5 (Vixen) dovetails for mounting virtually any optical tube even when an adapter is not available.
The CGEM II mount features an ample payload capacity of 40 pounds. Though the CGEM II mount is sturdy enough to take on an 11" EdgeHD OTA, it does not sacrifice any portability as it can be broken down into manageable parts for easy storage while driving to and from a nearby star party location. In addition, the mount weighs only 40 pounds by itself without the upgraded tripod or counterweight. Tripod weighs 20 pounds.
The tripod that comes with the CGEM II has 2" stainless steel legs and a spreader bar that presses against them for exceptional rigidity and support. Tripod legs also feature graduated markings that make leveling a painless procedure. In addition, eyepiece receptacles can be found at the center of the spreader. This puts any extra eyepieces you decide to bring along for your next viewing party within easy reach.
Incorporating electronics from both the previous CGEM design as well as the new CGEM II, this mount will allow you to assemble, use, and care for it using the cutting-edge features listed below:
- Precise polar alignment on each and every star in the sky is possible with the CGEM II, even if you are unable to view the celestial pole, due to a built-in All-Star Polar Alignment program. You won't need that polar finderscope anymore!
- Tracks beyond the meridian for flawless imaging over the ideal area of the night sky.
- Features PPEC (Permanent Periodic Error Correction) which enables you to train out the periodic error on your worm gears only once and have the system remember your PEC recordings even after you shut the system down.
- 5 degrees per second slewing potential for quickly taking you where you want to go!
- The bottom of the NexStar GoTo controller features a USB 2.0 port to enable not only firmware updates for the mount and controller, but to connect directly to a PC using ASCOM compliant software as well.
- A built-in celestial database permits up to 100 user-selected objects and allows you to investigate over 40,000 stars, planets, star clusters, nebulae, galaxies and more with merely the touch of a button! Detailed information is provided for 200 of the night sky's best objects.
For more information on the Celestron CGEM II Equatorial Mount, take a look at our YouTube video in which Celestron product engineer, Bryan Cogdell, proudly goes over the highlights of the CGEM II Mount with High Point Scientific's Robert Dugan.
Celestron CGEM II Mount Specifications
- Mount Type: Equatorial
- Mount Electronics: Computerized with GoTo
- Mount Weight Capacity: 40 lb.
- Hand Controller Included: Yes, NexStar
- Objects in Database: 40,000
- Latitude Range: 15 - 70 degrees
- Mount Slew Speeds: Up to 5 Degrees per Second
- GPS? No, but accepts GPS Accessory
- PPEC? Yes
- Mounting Style: Vixen or Losmandy Dovetail Plate via Included Dual Saddle Plate
- Includes Counterweights: Yes, one 17 lb.
- Tripod: 2” Diameter Stainless Steel Legs
- Tripod Weight: 20 lb.
- Mount Weight: 40 lb.
Celestron 9.25" Edge HD SCT OTA
The Celestron 9.25" Edge HD OTA is an impressive optical system. This versatile instrument will appease astrophotographers as well as those looking for a high-caliber telescope for visual applications.
Celestron 9.25" Edge HD SCT Optical Tube Features:
- 9.25" Aplanatic EdgeHD Optical Tube Assembly
- Aluminum optical tube
- Celestron's premium StarBright XLT coatings
- 2350 mm focal length (f/10)
- 23 mm Luminos 2" eyepiece included (102x)
- 9x50 finderscope to help accurately find objects
- 2" Star diagonal allows for a more pleasant viewing angle when examining objects located higher in the sky
- Mirror Support Knobs hold the mirror in place and reduces image shift during imaging
- Tube vents with integrated 60 micron mesh filter allowing hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror
- FASTAR-Compatible optical tube is equipped with a removable secondary mirror for fast f/2 CCD imaging (Requires optional accessory equipment)