- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Celestron CGX-L 1100 RASA Computerized Telescope - V2 - 12074
Celestron CGX-L 1100 RASA Computerized Telescope - V2
The Celestron RASA V2 (version 2) is a fast, wide-field f/2.2 system that is great for experienced astroimagers looking to do shorter exposure times than what is done with traditional f/10 imaging. Though the CGX-L 11" RASA does not need the longer exposures, it doesn't sacrifice resolution! Additionally, with the shorter sub-exposure times, the advanced equatorial mount will not need to track over extended periods of times. This means that the time spent tracking has the potential of being more accurate.
The CGX-L 1100 RASA from Celestron sets a standard for affordable, advanced astroimaging equipment that will help you obtain those crisp, clear celestial images you've been striving for. The Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph (RASA) is incredibly quick at producing images, working at a fraction of the time it takes other OTAs. Coupled with the CGX-L mount, this telescope gives superior performance while utilizing many advanced technologies such as All-Star Alignment, Celestron PWI telescope control software, Starry Night Special Edition software, SkyAlign, and PPEC!
Say goodbye to coma and field curvature! The RASA 11 V2 comes equipped with 4-element rare-earth glass to provide images free of false color and aberrations and the design lends to minimal vignetting. The optics are StarBright XLT coated. For today's large CCD sensor sizes, the 1100 RASA V2 has a 43.3mm optimized image circle to capture pinpoint stars and even the largest of imaging chips. Even with huge sensors with diagonals of up to 52mm wide, the optical performance is excellent. Looking at the image circle and the focal length of 620mm, you are looking at great performance for wide-field imaging!
Camera Adapters : Celestron has included a T-thread and a M48 camera adapter for easy attachment to popular CCD and DSLR cameras.
12V DC MagLev Fan : This fan is integrated and reduces cooldown time while providing optimal airflow through the dust filtered optical tube.
Ultra-Stable Focus System (USFS) : Celestron's USFS uses a precision linear ball bearing at its heart. The bearing minimizes focus shift and mirror flop. It's also compatible with Celestron's Focus Motor (not included).
- Aperture: 279mm (11")
- Focal Length: 620mm (24.4")
- Focal Ratio: f/2.2
- Central obstruction diameter: 114mm (4.48") (41% of aperture diameter)
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 0.49 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes): 0.41 arc seconds
- Image Circle: 43.3mm (1.7") Ø , 4.0°
- Useable field: 52mm (2.04") Ø , 4.8° only minimal performance loss at edge of FOV
- Wavelength rang: 400 - 700 nm
- Spot size: < 4.4 μm RMS across FOV
- Optical Coatings: StarBright XLT
- Off-axis Illumination: 83% at 21mm (.82") off-axis
- Optical Window: 68mm (2.67") Ø
- Back focus with included camera adapter: 55mm (2.16")
- Back focus from top of threaded collar: 72.8mm (2.86")
- OTA Material:Aluminum
- Focuser: Ultra-Stable Focus System
- Optical Tube Weight: 43 lb. (19.5 kg)
- Included: Ventilation fan & dual dovetail mounting bars
The Celestron CGX-L Computerized Equatorial Mount is the extra heavy-duty version of the innovative, accurate, and stable CGX! The CGX-L has been designed with an even better load capacity to weight ratio, and is capable of handling an OTA and other astronomical equipment weighing a total of 75 pounds. The CGX tripod is amazingly stable! It has a wider stance to handle increased loads, and has huge 2.75” diameter stainless steel legs to support the CGX-L mount and your choice of telescope. Together, the CGXL mount and CGX-L tripod provide a rock-solid platform for visual astronomers and astro-imagers alike!
- The CGX-L has larger, 144 mm diameter worm wheels to handle heavier loads and drive them accurately. The worm wheel is made of brass and is spring-loaded, and together with the stainless steel worm gear, they provide excellent gear mesh and reduce friction, creating a buttery smooth belt drive system.
- The right ascension and declination motors used on the Celestron CGX-L have more torque for improved tracking and slewing under load. Working together with the belt drive system, you’ll experience minimal backlash and worry-free operation. You can even watch the pulleys and belts working through the motor cover windows!
- Celestron has increased the number of auxiliary ports to four (4), and has even added an additional autoguider port so that you have maximum flexibility when it comes to electronic accessories. Two of the AUX ports and an Autoguider port are built in just below the dovetail saddle, making it easy to plug in extra accessories like the StarSense or WiFi module and not worry about the cord causing a problem as the mount moves. Speaking of cabling, those required to run the mount are run internally, so even if you are running your CGX-L remotely, you don’t have to worry about cable snags.
- Mechanical hard stops and limit sensors on both axes protect the Celestron CGX-L from hitting the tripod or causing undue stress on the cables. Built-in limit sensors will actually stop the mount from slewing or tracking further before the CGX-L reaches the hard stop fail safe.
- Home sensors are built into the CGX-L mount, making it a great choice for remote use. Now you can always start your mount from the same index position, regardless of where it was pointed when the mount was last used.
- Celestron’s PWI software was co-designed by Planewave Instruments, a company famous for their professional-level telescopes and mounts. One of the features of this software is multi-point mount modeling, which is normally only included with mounts costing thousands more. Multi-point mount modeling allows you to increase the pointing accuracy of the CGX-L mount. The software also includes plate solving and focus support.
- With all the features of the CGX-L, it is easy for overlook the fact that this is a computerized mount. The Celestron NexStar + hand controller is your interface with the CGX-L mount. It has a celestial database of 40,000 objects, and has fun features such as a automated tour of the best objects up on the date and time you are observing! The backlit buttons are intuitive and easy to use in the dark, and a new USB port on the end of the controller means you won't need an RS232-to-USB adapter.
- The CGX-L has redesigned and ergonomic adjustment knobs throughout. These knobs are large and easy to turn due to reduced friction, even under heavy loads.
- With the CGX-L, you don’t need a separate finder, application, or other alignment accessories to do an accurate polar alignment. Software Polar Align is a feature that allows you to do an “All-Star Polar Alignment” on any bright star quickly and accurately. If you would like to use a polar scope to align in the classic manner, Celestron has designed one specifically for the CGX or CGX-L Mount. See the recommended accessories for a link to the product.
- Dual Dovetail Saddle with extra length. The beefy dovetail saddle on the CGX-L is the ultimate in flexibility. It is 270 mm (almost 11”) long, and accepts either a Vixen-style (CG-5) dovetail plate or the wider Losmandy-style (CGE) plate. This means you can mount just about any telescope on the CGX-L quickly and easily, making it a very flexible mount.
- Now let’s talk about the CGX-L’s excellent load capacity to mount weight ratio. The weight capacity of the CGX-L is 75 pounds, however, the mount head only weighs an amazing 52.6 pounds. While not light as a feather, that means this very capable equatorial mount is still considered portable. Celestron has created a very ergonomic design that makes it easier to carry and set up. There are handles built in so you can carry close to your body (see extra images for an example).
- The CGX-L Tripod has been completely redesigned to handle the extra capacity of the CGX-L mount. It’s large 2.75” diameter legs spread wider than usual for added stability, and the height is adjustable from 35.75” to 52.75”. A heavy-duty accessory tray holds three 1.25” eyepieces, two 2” eyepieces, and even has a shelf built in to hold your smartphone or tablet in an upright position! It can stay in place even when the tripod is collapsed, making it much easier to set up, break down, and store your tripod.
- The Celestron CGXL comes with a larger 31.5mm diameter counterweight shaft to support the required counterweights needed to balance your OTA and accessories. The mount comes with one 22-lb. counterweight, and of course more are available separately. You will also receive a Celestron DC Power Cable to run the mount. It plugs into a cigarette lighter socket, which means you can run the CGX-L from your car battery, or you can use a portable DC battery like the Celestron PowerTank Lithium (sold separately). An AC Adapter is also available should you prefer to run your mount from household current.
- Mount Type: German Equatorial
- Instrument load capacity: 75 lb.
- Tripod height adjustment range: 35.75” to 52.75”
- Tripod leg diameter: 2.75”
- Accessory Tray: Holds five eyepieces, with Smartphone/Tablet stand
- Latitude adjustment range: 3 - 65 degrees
- Tripod Weight: 46.2 lb.
- EQ Head Weight: 52.6 lb.
- Max Slew Speed: 4 degrees per second
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Number of Aux ports: 4
- Autoguide ports: 2
- USB Port: Yes
- LED Light: Yes, includes Red LED light toggle switch
- Clock: Internal Real Time Clock to keep time and site info
- Software: PWI Software
- WiFi: Supports SkyPortal & StarSense (sold separately)
- Dovetail Saddle Length: 270 mm (10.63”)
- Dovetail Saddle: Dual Fit (Vixen/Losmandy)
- Worm Wheel Diameter: 144 mm
- Hand Control: NexStar + with USB Port
- Object Database: 40,000
- PEC: Yes, and PPEC Ready
For more information on the Celestron CGX-L Equatorial Mount, take a look at this You Tube video in which Celestron product engineer, Bryan Cogdell, goes over its many features: