- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Celestron CPC Deluxe 800 with Edge HD Optics and Free 2" Diagonal - 11007
Free 2" SCT Dielectric Diagonal!
Buy a Celestron CPC Computerized Telescope from High Point Scientific and get a free 2” SCT Carbon Fiber Diagonal! This quality diagonal threads directly onto the CPC telescope, and also includes a 2” to 1.25” adapter so you can use both 1.25” and 2” eyepieces and accessories. With a solid CNC machined build, carbon fiber plating, a 1/12 wave BK7 mirror and 99% dielectric coatings, you will love this functional and high quality diagonal!
Celestron CPC Deluxe 800 with Edge HD Optics
The Celestron CPC 800 Deluxe Telescope incorporates Celestron's ultra reliable fork mount design with the new best selling Edge HD Optics. Astrophotographers are going to love this configuration as it is portable and easy to transport. Further, Celestron just released a new Heavy Duty Wedge System that will offer new flexibility that Celestron fork mounted telescopes lacked in the past.
Celestron CPC 800 Deluxe with Edge HD Optics Features:
- The Celestron CPC Deluxe includes 8" Edge HD Optics and StarBright XLT Coatings
- Ultra Reliable NexStar Computerized Navigation System with SkyAlign and a 40,000 Object Database
- The CPC Deluxe comes equipped with a 9x50 Finder Scope and Bracket, 40mm Eyepiece, 1.25" Star Diagonal, and Celestron NexRemote Control Software.
- Optics are FASTAR compatible
- Built in GPS
- Equipped with a Heavy Duty Tripod
- Redesigned electronics deliver regulated power to the motors which allow for accurate driving of the telescope when weight is not evenly distributed
- The Edge HD Optics have mirror support knobs to hold the mirror, thereby reducing image shift
Edge HD Optical Design
Celestron offers their advanced Edge HD optical design to the simplified fork mounted configuration of the CPC. As a result, the Celestron CPC 800 combines all of the compact power popularized by the SCT with an improved high definition optical system for wide field, astrograph quality images. As a visual instrument, Edge HD optics deliver pinpoint images even with your widest field eyepiece. You can search for all of the Messier Catalog objects, and see hundreds of other NGC, IC, and Caldwell objects with amazing clarity. For astro imaging, Edge HD optics produce aberration-free images across your favorite CCD or DSLR camera. All Edge HD optics are designed to produce an extremely flat focal plane precise enough to match the strict tolerances of the largest commercial CCD detectors, allowing stars to be in tight focus to the very edge of the chip.
CPC Deluxe HD Series Internal GPS
The CPC Deluxe HD Series internal GPS receiver automatically downloads the date and time from orbiting satellites and pinpoints its exact location on Earth. This eliminates the need for you to manually enter the date, time, longitude, and latitude.
Celestron's Revolutionary SkyAlign
Once the CPC's internal GPS has established the telescope's position, aligning the telescope is as easy as 1-2-3! Simply locate and use the hand control to manually point (slew) the telescope to three bright celestial objects. You do not need to know the names of the stars you may even pick the Moon or bright planets! Celestron's NexStar software technology will model the night sky to determine the position of every star, planet and celestial object above the horizon. Once aligned, the remote hand control allows direct access to each of the celestial catalogs in its user-friendly database.
Celestial Object Database
The CPC database contains over 40,000 celestial objects including Messier objects, the Caldwell Catalog, as well as NGC Galaxies, nebulae, and planets. User-definable filter limits make navigating through this expansive database quicker and easier. Filter Limits let you filter out objects that are outside of your local horizon (ie, if trees or mountains were in the way). There's also "Solar Sys Align" that lets you align on the Sun or Moon for daytime observing - it is easy to use this to see planets or bright stars in the day.
All Edge HD optical tubes are equipped with a removable secondary mirror for fast f/2 CCD imaging. Not only does imaging in the FASTAR configuration allow for exposure times that are 25 times faster than at f/10, but also yields a field of view five times wider. A perfect combination for imaging your favorite wide field objects in a fraction of the time. (FASTAR imaging requires a third party lens assembly in place of the secondary mirror).
Design - With the introduction of the CPC Deluxe HD series, Celestron has gone back to the drawing board, re-designed and re-engineered the drive train with a larger 6", 180 tooth brass gear and .75" stainless steel worm gear and unique roller bearing design with both Steel and Nylon ball bearings rotating around a wide 9.8" track, designed for smoother tracking accuracy for long exposure astrophotography.
Innovation - The CPC Deluxe HD series uses the innovative All-Star Polar alignment procedure. Coupled with Celestron's optional Pro Wedge, All-Star allows users to choose any bright star, while the software calculates and assists with polar alignment. Another great feature of the CPC, sure to please astroimagers, is the Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PEC), which allows users to train out the worm gear's periodic errors, while the mount retains the PEC recordings.
Power Management - Redesigned electronics deliver constant regulated power to the motors making them capable of driving the telescope, even when not perfectly balanced, without sacrificing smooth tracking motion and pointing accuracy across the entire sky.
Performance - For objects near the Meridian, the CPC will track continuously through the Meridian for uninterrupted imaging through the most ideal part of the sky.
Celestron CPC Deluxe 800 Specifications:
- Optical Design - Celestron Edge HD Optics
- Aperture - 8" (203.2 mm)
- Focal Length - 80" (2032 mm)
- Focal Ratio - f/10
- Finder Scope - 50 mm Celestron Finder with Quick Release Bracket
- Mount - Dual Fork Arm
- Optical Tube - Aluminum Construction
- Eyepiece - 40 mm
- Highest Useful Magnification - 480X
- Lowest Useful Magnification - 29X
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude - 14
- Resolution - 0.69 Arcsec
- Star Diagonal - 1.25"
- Accessory Tray - Die-Cast Aluminum
- Tripod - Heavy Duty Stainless Steel
- Software - Celestron NexRemote
- Weight - Telescope = 42 lb; Tripod = 19 lb