- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Coronado PST Solar Telescope Bundle - PST-BUN1
Coronado PST Bundle by High Point
This Eclipse Viewing Package includes the #1 solar telescope of all time, the Coronado personal solar telescope, and the following additional accessories:
- High Point 15 mm Plossl Eyepiece
- High Point 9 mm Plossl Eyepiece
- Coronado AZS Alt-azimuth Mount & Tripod
You can read more about the Coronado personal solar telescope, the Coronado AZS Mount, and the two High Point eyepieces below. Contact us if you have any questions!
Coronado PST Personal Solar Telescope
<1.0 angstrom H-Alpha Refractor
The PST is a dedicated solar telescope that allows you to see way more than traditional white light solar filters or pair of eclipse glasses do. With the Coronado personal solar telescope, you will be able to experience magnified views of the Sun in the reddish light of H-alpha.The PST will allow you to study the ever-changing Sun and the features that only can be seen in h-alpha light.
The Coronado PST, or Personal Solar Telescope, is the world’s most popular telescope for observing the Sun. The PST is a highly portable 40 mm dedicated hydrogen-alpha solar telescope that features highly specialized and innovative internal optics with a 1.0-angstrom bandpass. The internal, non-removable nature of the telescope’s optics make the PST a great choice for home and educational use. It is perfect for classrooms, outreach, and homeschooling.
Unlike a white light solar filter, the Coronado PST will show you images of the Sun in H-alpha. Watch as spectacular solar prominences dance on the edge of the Sun and investigate snake-like filaments and sunspots on the Sun’s surface. The Sun is changing all the time, and it is amazing to literally watch as solar flares erupt, grow, shrink, or even detach and float into space.
The Coronado PST comes with a 40 mm f/10 Ha optical system and an internal 30 mm etalon primary blocking filter. A patented tuning system allows for fine adjustment of the bandpass for the best detail, and a built-in focuser allows you to achieve the sharpest image.
Most H-alpha solar telescopes require an optional sun finder, but the Coronado PST comes with a built-in patented sun spotting device. When you are properly aligned with the Sun its image will fall on a small pinhole, causing the image to be projected onto an opaque glass window on the top of the PST body. The PST sun-spotter makes aligning the Sun a simple matter, and if you have ever tried to align a protected telescope on the Sun without a finder, you will appreciate this innovative feature all the more!
The Personal Solar Telescope is threaded to accept a 1/4-20 tripod bolt to make it easy to attach to the included Coronado AZS Mount. The PST comes with one 20 mm 1.25” eyepiece, but never fear! High Point has included two extra eyepieces (9 mm and 15 mm) so you have three different magnification choices.
- Aperture: 40 mm
- Focal Length: 400 mm
- Focal Ratio: f/10
- Bandpass: 1.0 Angstrom Ha
- Solar Finder: Built-in
- Mounting: 1/4-20 threaded hole
- Included Eyepiece: 20 mm Kellner with PST, and 9 mm/15 mm with this package
- Case: Sold Separately
- Mount: Normally Sold Separately, but comes with AZS Mount in this package
- Weight: 3.2 lb.
- Warranty: 1 Year
Coronado AZS Alt-Azimuth Mount
Mount your PST on this easy-to-use matching mount from Coronado! Your telescope can be easily attached to the AZS Mount with a single thumbscrew. Once onboard, you can easily and quickly point your scope with the large pan handle (similar to a video camera tripod), and you can make slight adjustments in both RA and DEC (left-right or up-down) with the included slow-motion control cables that are attached to both axes.
The AZS Mount tripod is made of aluminum and is anodized in a gold color to match the Coronado PST. The full-size tripod has adjustable legs and a spreader bar that contributes to the sturdiness of the mount.
The Coronado AZS Mount would also work well for any light telescope, spotting scope, or binoculars via a binocular tripod adapter.
High Point 9 mm & 15 mm Plossl Eyepieces - 1.25"
This 9 mm eyepiece provides a magnification of 44.4X with the PST and the 15 mm produces 26.6X. Like most Plossl eyepieces, the High Point 9 mm & 15 mm have a 52º apparent field of view. They each have 4 lens elements that have been Fully Multi-Coated to yield good contrast. The edges of the optical elements have been blackened to reduce reflections and further increase contrast.
The High Point 15 mm and 9 mm Plossl Eyepiece have a 1.25" chrome barrel that has been threaded to accept standard 1.25" filters when used with a nighttime telescope, such as a neutral density filter or color filter that will help bring out features on the Moon or planets. The top of the eyepieces are fitted with a fold-down rubber eyecup, which not only makes observing more comfortable but will keep stray light from hitting the optics and lowering contrast. Finally, the HPS 15 mm Plossl has 13 mm of eye relief (the 9 has 6 mm) and they both weigh about 2 ounces each.