- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Explore Scientific 80mm f/6 FCD100 Triplet Refractor w/2.5" HEX Focuser - FCD100-0806-01
Explore Scientific ED80 f/6 Triplet Refractor OTA
The Explore Scientific 80 mm f/6 ED Air-Spaced Triplet Refractor Telescope has Hoya FCD100 optics for beautifully sharp, high contrast images. The optical tube assembly is painted classic white, and includes an integrated dew shield on one end and a 2.5" HEX, or hexagonal, Crayford-style focuser. The telescope attaches easily to Vixen-style mounts with the built-in Vixen dovetail foot. Included accessories include a finder scope base, which comes already attached to the tube, and an Explore Scientific 2" Diagonal, with 99% reflectivity to compliment the optics of this portable, classic refractor. Having a true diffraction-limited optical design and sized to encourage spontaneous stargazing sessions, this high-quality telescope is a perfect grab-and-go instrument for exploring the skies.
This scope is similar to the ES-ED0806-01 but offers superior quality optics. The Hoya FCD100 optics in this OTA are similar to the Ohara FPL-53 used in the ES-ED0806-01. However, the Hoya FCD100 gives the observer high-performance optical glass at the apex of the FCD family. Combining it with optical glass of high refractive index allows the scope to achieve unprecedented advanced chromatic aberration correction. Hoya FCD100 is considered the best glass ever produced by Hoya.
Featuring an air-spaced triplet optical design that virtually eliminates chromatic aberrations, this telescope generates brilliant high-contrast images by combining genuine HOYA FCD100 extra-low dispersion (ED) glass and proprietary EMD enhanced multi-layer coatings on all optical surfaces.
In addition, this amazing little scope also includes a 2.5" Hexagonal 10:1 dual-speed focuser with very rigid design and strong support. Up to 10 lbs of gear can be loaded onto this focuser. An integrated dew shield also helps keeps your optics at peak performance, even in the wee morning hours.
Although it is a standout telescope on its own, the 80mm also is compact enough to mount on a larger telescope, which can add versatility to your astrophotography experience by separating the guiding and imaging duties.
Explore ED80 FCD100 Refractor Features
- Aperture: 80 mm
- Focal Length: 480 mm
- Focal Ratio: f/6
- Optics: Hoya FCD100
- Optical Style: Air-Spaced Triplet
- Dew Shield: Integrated
- Focuser: 2.5" Dual Speed HEX Crayford-Style
- Focuser Threads: M68x0.75
- Dovetail: Integrated, Vixen-style
- Diagonal: 2" 99% Reflectivity
- Case: Sold Separately
- Finder: Sold Separately
- Weight: 7 pounds