- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Explore Scientific AR102 FirstLight Doublet Refractor with EXOS2GT GoTo Mount - FL-AR1021000EXOS2GT
Explore Scientific has discontinued the FirstLight 102mm Doublet Refractor with EXOS2GT GoTo Mount, and we are out of stock. Here is a link to the Explore Scientific FirstLight Refractors we carry at High Point. Hopefully, you can find a proper replacement in this selection. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to call us at 1-800-266-9590 or send an email, and we will be happy to help you. Thank you!
Explore Scientific FirstLight 102mm Doublet Refractor
with EXOS2GT GoTo Mount
This Explore Scientific FirstLight GoTo refractor is sure to help as amateur astronomers peruse the solar system and deep sky. This setup comes with a sturdy mount, a tripod, a Plossl eyepiece, and a red dot finder. With all of these accessories, the telescope can almost be used directly out of the box.
The 102mm aperture is great for capturing views of deep sky objects and the doublet design, a pair of glass lenses separated by a cushion of air, minimizes chromatic aberrations.
The EXOS2GT mount is a German equatorial mount equipped with GoTo technology. Motors are equipped on both axes which allow the mount to move smoothly and accurately as it tracks astronomical objects. The precision gears allow for minimum backlash on all nine of the mount's slew speeds.
This mount only needs a simple 1, 2, or 3 star alignment to orient the scope. It includes a hand controller, a battery pack, and an 11lb counterweight.
The included tripod is a 1" stainless steel tube tripod and has an accessory tray that can be used to hold eyepieces and other accessories while observing. The accessory tray also enhances the stability of the tripod.
This refracting telescope setup is complete with a smartphone adapter, one 25mm Plossl eyepiece, a red dot viewfinder, downloadable software (follow the link below), a 90° diagonal, and a built-in dew shield to slow moisture build up on the objective lends and ambient light interference.Downloadable Software
- Optical Design: Refractor
- Elements: 2 (Doublet)
- Focal Length: 1000mm
- Focal Ratio: f/9.8
- Focuser: 2.5" Hexagonal Focuser
- Diagonal: 90°
- Mount Type: GoTo Equatorial
- Tripod: 1" Stainless Steel Tube
- Eyepiece: 25mm Plossl
- Dew Prevention: Built-in dew shield
- Finder: Red Dot Viewfinder