- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Explore Scientific 102 mm FCD100 f/7 Carbon Fiber Triplet Refractor w/2.5" HEX Focuser - FCD100-10207-CF
Explore Scientific 102 mm f/7 FCD100 CF Triplet Refractor
With the new lightweight Explore Scientific 102 mm FCD100 Carbon Fiber Air-Spaced Triplet Refractor, celestial phenomena such as the isolated beauty of the lunar topography, Saturn's smooth ring composition, and the brightest deep-sky gems in the Messier catalog will reveal themselves to you.
This Explore Scientific triplet refractor includes all of the original EDT-10207-CF's most popular features but with the added bonus of bona fide premium HOYA FCD100 ED glass, which has characteristics akin to Ohara FPL-53 glass. Depending on technological ingenuity, Explore Scientific has successfully initiated the mass production of high-performance optical glass at the core of the FCD line. The Explore Scientific 102mm FCD100 is able to achieve unparalleled advanced chromatic aberration correction due to the combination of this high volume production and high refractive index optical glass. HOYA FCD100 is widely understood to be one of the best ED glass types available.
Featuring an authentic diffraction-limited design and compact size supporting impromptu observing sessions, this Explore Scientific triplet refractor is the perfect grab-and-go instrument for night sky exploration. With an air-spaced triplet optical configuration that all but eliminates chromatic distortions, the Explore Scientific 102mm FCD100 produces radiant high contrast images by incorporating genuine HOYA FCD100 ED (extra-low dispersion) glass with Explore's EMD enhanced multi-layer coatings on all optical surfaces.
Furthermore, this incredible telescope also comes with a new extremely rigid Crayford-style 2.5" Dual-Speed Hexagonal focuser that offers up to 10 lbs. of gear load support and 10:1 micro-focusing capabilities. The Explore Scientific 102mm FCD100 also includes an integrated dew shield, cradle ring with handle, Vixen style dovetail plate, Explore finder scope base, and 2" diagonal with 99% reflectivity. Total weight with all included accessories is 12 lbs. This Explore Scientific triplet refractor does NOT come with case or finder scope.
Explore Scientific 102 mm FCD100 CF Triplet Refractor Specifications
- Description: ED102 FCD100 series Carbon Fiber Air-Spaced Triplet Refractor
- Focal Length: 714 mm
- Focal Ratio: f/7
- Dew Shield: Integrated
- Focuser: 2.5" Dual Speed HEX Crayford-Style
- Focuser Threads: M68x0.75
- Mounting: Cradle ring with Vixen dovetail
- Diagonal: 2" with 99% reflectivity
- Case: Sold separately
- Finder: Sold separately
- Weight: 7 lbs.