- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Explore Scientific 30 mm 100° Waterproof Eyepiece - 3" - EPWP10030-01
Explore Scientific 3" - 30 mm - 100° Eyepiece
The Explore Scientific 100° Series™ eyepieces are hyper-wide class oculars that can transform your visual astronomy experience. You may be startled at the amazingly wide expanse of inky black sky you behold the first time you bring your eye to a 100° Series eyepiece, and after awhile, you may even forget that you have an eyepiece between you and the universe! With an apparent field of view that is close to the maximum for hyper-wide eyepiece design, objects are not only easier to locate, but for non-driven telescopes the object will stay in the field of view for a very long time before any adjustments need to be made.
Another great benefit of hyper-wide eyepieces is the ease with which you can gaze, not directly at an object, but slightly to either side. This skill, called using averted vision, is especially helpful when observing faint objects, because using averted vision puts the image on a part of your eye that is more sensitive to light, allowing you to see fainter images.
Explore Scientific 100° Eyepiece Highlights
- Huge 3" Barrel for Amazing Light Throughput: The Explore Scientific 30mm 100° Eyepiece has a 3" barrel for use in today's over-sized focusers. The eye relief is a comfortable 19mm, and the field stop diameter is 52.2mm. This eyepiece weighs 82.9 ounces, and is 7.8" tall.
- Optimized Optical Design: Explore 100° Series hyper-wide eyepieces are optimized through each design, fabrication, and testing process to produce flat-field images that have high contrast and resolution.
- Exotic Glass Combinations for Optimum Results: Eyepieces are constructed of 8 or 9 lens elements (depending on the focal length) that are fabricated from combinations of Dense Crown, Light Crown, Dense Flint, and Lanthanum optical glass.
- Durable Coatings & Finishing Touches: Each element in your Explore Scientific 100° eyepiece features EMD coatings, resulting in bright, sharp images, and every element has blackened edges to reduce internal reflections and increase contrast.
- Waterproof, Fog-Proof Housing: The internal optics of all 100° Series eyepieces are housed in a argon-purged, waterproof barrel that keeps them as pristine as the day they were manufactured. Cleaning is much easier, and there is no need to worry about water or fluid becoming trapped in between elements due to rain, spills, heavy dew, or getting over-enthusiastic with lens cleaning fluid.
- Hyper-Wide Field Experience: The 100° experience is different than that of more conventional eyepieces. A hyper-wide field of view means you can see more of the night sky at once, allowing you to observe larger or closer objects in their entirety, or to easily use inverted vision to capture faint photons of light. Also, those using Dobsonians or other instruments without a motor drive will enjoy watching an object drift more slowly across the field of view. Manually moving your telescope to compensate for the rotation of the Earth will be required much less frequently, and that's a good thing.
- Tapered 3" Barrel for Extra Security: The 3" insert barrel of the 30mm eyepiece is double-tapered to allow smooth insertion to, and removal from, a telescope's focus, however the wide dimension of the taper helps prevent the eyepiece from falling out of the telescope should the set-screw holding it in place become loose.
Explore Scientific backs each eyepiece with the Explore STAR Transferrable, Extended Life of the Product Warranty (life of the product line plus five years!), so you can keep exploring!