- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Explore Scientific 102mm Essential Series Apochromatic Refractor - ES-ED10207-01
Explore Scientific 102mm Essential Series Refractor OTA
When the designers at Explore Scientific set their sights on creating a top-quality apochromatic refractor that anyone would be proud to own, they decided on a traditional air-spaced triplet optical design in a rugged, adjustable lens cell. All materials had to be top-notch, so genuine Hoya extra-low dispersion (ED) Dense Fluor Crown (FCD1) glass was chosen, and then experienced craftsmen shaped and polished the elements that would form the foundation of a high-quality, true APO refractor.
All Explore Scientific ED102 Triplet APO Refractors are diffraction-limited at .25PV or better. Special EMD™ enhanced multi-layer coatings are deposited on all optical surfaces, and the result is bright, high contrast images with virtually no light scatter.
While optics are definitely the most important component of any telescope, other features, like the focuser and the optical tube, play a crucial role in the design. Below you will find highlights on all of the ingredients used to create Explore Scientific ED102 Triplet APO refractors, including a very liberal warranty that speaks volumes about the confidence we have in our telescopes!
Explore ED102 Air-Spaced Triplet Refractor Highlights
- The Explore Scientific ED102 Triplet telescope has a focal length of 714mm and an f/ratio of 7.
- These 102mm apochromatic refractors have true APO optics and are diffraction limited at .25PV or better.
- Genuine ED glass from Hoya Japan is used on all ED APO Triplets at Explore, for superb quality and light throughput.
- Enhanced Multi-Layer Coatings (EMD) are deposited on optical elements to boost contrast and eliminate light scatter; and contrast is further enhanced with the installation of matte black knife-edge baffles in the optical tube assembly.
- These 102mm apochromatic refractors come with a heavy-duty 2" dual-speed rotatable focuser and a 2" 99% reflective diagonal.
- To attach your Explore Scientific ED102 Triplet telescope to a variety of mounts, Explore has included the "Vixen-style" dovetail at the base of the dual rings. The "Vixen-style" plate fits mounts made by Explore, Meade, Celestron, Vixen & others.
- This Explore Scientific ED102 Triplet telescope weighs 11 lb. The tube assembly is 25.6" long and has an outside diameter of 102mm, or 4.01".
- All Explore Scientific products come with a STAR Extended-Life-of-the-Product Warranty. Upon registration, this product will be under warranty for as long as it is manufactured, plus five years.