- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Explore Scientific ED127 Essential Refractor with Accessories - ES-ED127075-03
Explore Scientific 127mm Essential Series Refractor OTA
When the designers at Explore Scientific set their sights on creating a top-quality apochromatic refractor that anyone would be proud to own, they decided on a traditional air-spaced triplet optical design in a rugged, adjustable lens cell. All materials had to be top-notch, so genuine Hoya extra-low dispersion (ED) Dense Fluor Crown (FCD1) glass was chosen, and then experienced craftsmen shaped and polished the elements that would form the foundation of a high-quality, true APO refractor.
All Explore Scientific Air-Spaced Triplet APO Refractors are diffraction-limited at .25PV or better. Special EMD™ enhanced multi-layer coatings are deposited on all optical surfaces, and the result is bright, high contrast images with virtually no light scatter. Interferometric data on your newly purchased and registered Explore apochromatic refractor is available upon request after 6 months of ownership. Time restrictions apply; please contact Customer Service for more information.
While optics are definitely the most important component of any telescope, other features, like the focuser and the optical tube, play a crucial role in the design. Below you will find highlights on all of the ingredients used to create Explore Scientific Triplet APO refractors, including a very liberal warranty that speaks volumes about the confidence we have in our telescopes!
Explore ED127 5" Air-Spaced Triplet Refractor Highlights
- The Explore ED127 telescope has a focal length of 952mm and an f/ratio of 7.5. It comes with a white aluminum tube with black accents.
- Explore Scientific Air-Spaced Apochromatic Triplets have true APO optics and are diffraction limited at .25PV or better.
- Genuine ED glass from Hoya Japan is used on all ED APO Triplets at Explore, for superb quality and light throughput.
- Enhanced Multi-Layer Coatings (EMD) are deposited on optical elements to boost contrast and eliminate light scatter; and contrast is further enhanced with the installation of matte black knife-edge baffles in the optical tube assembly.
- While refractors seldom require additional collimation after initial factory adjustment, the lens cell design allows for consumer collimation. Sending your ED127 Triplet off to the factory is always an option, but is not required.
- 127mm models come with a heavy-duty 2" dual-speed rotatable focuser, cradle rings with handle and Vixen dovetail, a 99% reflective 2" diagonal, and finder scope base (finderscope is sold separately).
- To attach your Explore Scientific Air-Spaced Triplet telescope to a variety of mounts, Explore has included the "Vixen-style" dovetail at the base of the dual rings. The "Vixen-style" plate fits mounts made by Explore, Meade, Celestron, Vixen & others.
- The Explore ED127 Essential Series telescope weighs 18 lb.