- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Explore Scientific EXOS-2GT Computerized Mount with PMC-8 GoTo Electronics - Black - ES-EXOS2GTPMCT3-00
Explore Scientific EXOS2-GT Equatorial Mount
with PMC-8 OpenGOTO Electronics
This version of the Explore Scientific EXOS-2GT computerized German Equatorial mount comes with the latest PMC-8 OpenGOTO Electronics and can be controlled from your Windows PC, tablet, or smartphone with the free ExploreStars application via its full graphical user interface. The EXOS-2GT mount includes a belt-driven system with two timing pulleys. The fiberglass-reinforced neoprene belt is connected to the Nema11 .67 amp stepper motor and then connected to the worm. The PMC-8 EXOS2-GT offers nine tracking speeds, and precision ball bearings in RA and Dec help to minimize backlash. This Explore EXOS2GTPMCT3-00 is black and has a weight capacity of 28 pounds. It sports a Vixen-style saddle that will accept a wide range of refractors, short Newtonians, or Schmidt-Cassegrain telescopes.
The adjustable tripod that supports the EXOS2-GT is made of stainless steel and has large 2" diameter legs for excellent support. A cast aluminum spreader bar helps stabilize the mount and has a place to store a few eyepieces. A bubble level is built into the system, allowing you to more easily set up and align your scope. Two 11.25 lb. counterweights and an AC adapter are also included. Additional counterweights are available separately should you need them.
- Mount Weight: 11lb.
- Tripod Weight: 12.2lb.
- Total Weight: 33lb.
Explore PMC-8 Open GoTo Electronics Features
- Guide the PMC-Eight with the free ExploreStars app, which can easily locate 70,000 objects, or use your own ASCOM-compliant sky software
- Operates with Windows® PC, Tablet, or Smartphone - not included
- 2-Channel Multi-Processor Micro-controller
- Eight CPU’s run independently and have deterministic behavior
- Stores parameters in 64-kb EEPROM non-volatile memory bank
- Wireless Ethernet 10/100 with full IP function
- ST4 Autoguide port
- Open Source software lets you add customized lists and features or download custom features other PMC-8 owners have created
The Explore Scientific PMC-8 electronics offer amazing flexibility, with a 2-channel multi-processor, 8 independent CPU’s, and the only wireless ASCOM driver on the market today. ExploreStars OpenGoto Software, an Explore Scientific open source app available for free from the Microsoft App store, allows users to operate the PMC-8 electronics wirelessly using a Windows tablet or smartphone. If you prefer to forego using a smartphone or tablet, the PMC-8/ExploreStars driven telescope can also be operated wirelessly or wired using other popular astronomy software programs from your computer via ASCOM.
Once you have downloaded the Explore Stars app, you will have access to a large database of over 70,000 stars as well as the entire Messier Catalog and Solar System objects. Additional catalog downloads are available on the Explore website, including the NGC and IC catalog, and special guided tours can also be reached from the ExploreStars pull-down menu. Other features available from the menu include 2-star and 3-star alignment procedures, the sync button, the park position, a search feature, and an input screen to enter RA and DEC coordinate information. A numerical keypad allows for selectable and user enterable GOTO speeds for slewing, centering and guiding rates. You can also set sidereal, king, lunar, solar, and user-defined tracking rates.
What really makes Explore Scientific’s PMC-8 unique is its open architecture. Download Explore’s SDK and program the PMC-Eight with your own code to create a customized list of objects or commands and then share it with other members of the OpenGOTO Software Community. If you don’t code, you can still download custom lists and features from other PMC-8 owners who do!
The PMC-Eight-enabled EXOS-2GT Equatorial Mount, with its built-in wireless ASCOM driver, can be controlled by any ASCOM compliant software including Maxim DL, The Sky, Starry Night, SkyTools 3, AstroArt, Cartes du Ciel, DeepSky, MaxPoint, Stellarium, Star Atlas Pro, and many more. GPS compatibility and auto time/date setting are dependent on the receiver you have on your computer, tablet, or phone.