- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Explore Scientific FirstLight 8" Dobsonian - FL-DOB0806-01
Explore Scientific 8" FirstLight Dobsonian Reflector
No telescope type has revolutionized the hobby quite like the Dobsonian. Prior to John Dobson's popularization of the Dobsonian telescope, most amateur telescopes consisted of small optical tubes with crude mechanics that allowed observers to see the polar caps of Mars or Saturn's rings at best. Schmidt-Cassegrain and other larger model telescopes were restricted to those with means. This innovative blend of simple but powerful mechanics with the largest possible opening gives the Dobsonian a unique place among telescopes. In terms of light gathering, no telescope offers as much bang for your buck as a good Dobsonian.
Explore Scientific has now introduced the preeminent universal design. This Dobsonian converts into a Newtonian telescope for astrophotography. To do this, simply unscrew the tube's bearings and attach the scope to an equatorial mount using the included Vixen style dovetail plate.
This package comes with an uncompromisingly rigid 2.5" HEX focuser with helical gearing and 10:1 reduction for easy focus. Enables the use of 1.25" and 2" eyepieces. The inclusion of the 2.5" HEX focuser is a vast improvement for telescopes in this price range.
Also included with the Explore Scientific 8" FirstLight Dobsonian are a 6x30 Finderscope and a 25 mm SPL eyepiece. FirstLight Dobsonians break down into as compact a package as possible for convenient transport. The rocker box can be disassembled with only a few tools since its components are put together with metal quick connectors. Therefore, a cumbersome rocker box quickly converts into a handy collection of flat boards. The optimal deep sky observing workhorse. Planetary and deep sky object detail will be apparent even for amateur viewers. Bright star clusters are resolved to the core, while viewing the lunar terminator line can be a rewarding experience.
Explore Scientific FirstLight 8" Dobsonian Specifications
- Telescope Type: 8" Dobsonian/Newtonian
- Focal Length: 1218 mm
- Focal Ratio: f/6
- Secondary Obstruction: 24%
- Primary Mirror Diameter: 203 mm
- Primary Tube Weight: 25 lbs.
- Rocker Box Weight: 21 lbs.
- Total Weight: 46 lbs.