- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Explore Scientific iEXOS-100 Equatorial Mount with PMC-Eight GoTo - ES-iEXOS-100
Explore Scientific iEXOS-100 Equatorial Mount with PMC-Eight GoTo
The Explore Scientific iEXOS-100 equatorial mount is a GoTo system perfectly suited for small telescopes or DSLR cameras. The OTAs and cameras can easily attach to the mount with the standard Vixen-style dovetail plate and then can be pointed at various celestial objects using the GoTo technology, which includes a 70,000+ object database.
Amateur astronomers know how helpful GoTo systems can prove to be. Why spend the extra time trying to find objects, when you can find them quickly with a GoTo system and spend that extra time imaging or observing the beauty of the night sky?
This mount can be controlled wirelessly with the free ExploreStars App for Windows, Android, and iOS tablets. It can also be controlled with a "computer-to-computer" connection through the ASCOM Standards Compliant PMC-Eight™ ASCOM driver and the ASCOM POTH Client from Explore Scientific which allow you to use any ASCOM compliant Astronomical Software. Using these connections mean that you can control the system wirelessly and from nearly anywhere in the world with an internet connection!
Tracking and finding objects has never been easier than it is with GoTo technology, and this iEXOS mount is no different. The PMC-Eight™ system uses an 8-core microcontroller with eight CPUs that operate independently to focus on defined functions. This means that the system offers superior responsiveness, efficiency, reliability, and accurate tracking.
The iEXOS-100 mount is equipped with Explore Scientific's innovative PMC-Eight™ Precision Motion Control System, giving it the ability to flawlessly navigate the night sky and track chosen celestial objects. With this capability and its portable size, this Explore EQ mount helps achieve great observing and imaging sessions without the expensive price tag.
The German Equatorial mount design is a friend to visual observers and astrophotographers alike. The smooth motion of the mount allows the telescope to track the celestial objects as they move across the same path, avoiding the "step" like motion of the alt-azimuth mount and possible field rotation.
- Includes smooth locking clutches to aid in repositioning the telescope from one side to another and an altitude knob for smooth height adjustments
- Has a small polar alignment tunnel to help users roughly align their setup with Polaris
- A simple bubble level helps to stabilize the included tripod
- A bracket holds the battery pack that powers the PMC-Eight™ system through 8 C batteries
- Includes two 2.2 (1kg) counterweights, with shaft diameters of 14mm, for balancing
- Mount and tripod have glow-in-the-dark point to help orient the setup at night
- Designed to hold up to 15 lbs.