- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Explore Scientific 115 mm f/5.5 FPL-53 Air-Spaced Triplet ED APO Refractor w/3" Hex Focuser - FPL53-115CF-01
Explore Scientific 115 mm FPL-53 ED APO Triplet Refractor
This 115 mm FPL-53 Apochromatic Refractor from Explore Scientific displays night sky marvels such as the serene beauty of Saturn's rings, the gorgeous barren lunar landscape, or the brightest deep sky gems of the Messier catalog.
Explore Scientific's all-new design provides higher quality Ohara optics. Ohara FPL-53 glass is used to give this refractor optical characteristics similar to the Hoya FCD-100.
This combined with a high refractive index allows for exceptional advanced chromatic aberration correction. Ohara FPL-53 is thought to be the finest glass Ohara has ever produced. With a true diffraction-limited optical design, as well as a compact size ideal for stargazing on a whim, this supreme quality refractor is the optimal grab-and-go instrument for celestial exploration.
Featuring an air-spaced triplet optical design that virtually eliminates chromatic aberrations, this telescope generates brilliant high-contrast images by combining genuine Ohara FPL-53 extra-low dispersion (ED) glass and proprietary EMD enhanced multi-layer coatings on all optical surfaces.
Additionally, this incredible scope also comes with a rigidly designed 3" Hexagonal focuser that supports a gear load of up to 10 lbs.
Explore Scientific 115 mm FPL-53 Refractor Specifications
- Aperture: 115 mm (4.5”)
- Focal Ratio: f/5.5
- Focal Length: 632 mm
- Dovetail: Vixen V-Series Style
- Diagonal: 2” 99% Reflective
- Cradle Rings: Yes, with built-in handle
- Case: Yes
- Focuser: 3” HEX Dual Speed Rack & Pinion
- Finder Included: No, although Explore finder base is installed
- Weight: 15 lbs.