- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Explore Scientific Carbon Fiber 165mm f/7 FPL-53 ED APO Triplet with 3" HEX Focuser - FPL53-165CF-01
Explore Scientific 165mm f/7 FPL53 ED APO Triplet Refractor
with Carbon Fiber OTA & 3” HEX Focuser
Wow! You won’t believe your eyes when you look through this 6.5” ED APO air-spaced refractor from Explore Scientific! The 165 mm optics are large enough to explore a plethora of deep-sky wonders as well as the jewels of our solar system; Saturn, Jupiter and Mars. This superb telescope will also perform amazingly well when imaging, and the 3" HEX focuser can hold up to 10 pounds of equipment.
The spectacular views through the Explore 165 mm ED APO Triplet are due to many features not found in the optics of other refractors. FPL-53 glass from Ohara is considered the best ever produced by this well-known optical company, and it has characteristics very similar to those of Hoya FCD-100 glass. Explore combines this extra-low dispersion ED glass with optical glass with a high refractive index and then coats all of the optical surfaces with their proprietary EDM enhanced multi-layer coatings. You will be astounded with the advanced chromatic aberration correction and the high contrast, sharp images that optics of this quality provide.
The optical tube of the Explore ED165mm is carbon fiber for durability, beauty and superb cooling qualities. The dew shield is incorporated into the design and the cradle rings are built with a carry handle on top to help you move the telescope onto or off of your favorite mount.
All Explore FPL53 ED APO Refractors also come with a dovetail (the 165mm comes with a Losmandy style D-series dovetail) a 2” 99% reflective diagonal with a 1.25” adapter, and a hard case that is TSA approved. While a finder base is attached to the OTA, you will need to purchase your choice of finder scope and bracket separately.
About the Focuser…
The Explore 165mm ED APO Triplet Refractor comes standard with a 3” Hexagonal dual speed (10:1) rack & pinion focuser. It is very rigid and will handle up to ten pounds of equipment.
Explore 165mm FPL-53 Refractor Specifications
- Aperture: 165mm (6.5”)
- Focal Ratio: f/7
- Focal Length: 1155mm
- Dovetail: Losmandy D-Series Style
- Diagonal: 2” 99% Reflective
- Cradle Rings: Yes, with built-in handle
- Case: Yes, hard case with wheels
- Focuser: 3” HEX Dual Speed Rack & Pinion
- Finder Included: No, although Explore finder base is installed
- Weight: 28 lb.