- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
iOptron AZ Mount Pro Computerized Level & Go Alt-Azimuth Mount with 1.75" LiteRoc Tripod - 8903
iOptron AZ Mount Pro Computerized Level & Go Alt-Azimuth Mount with 1.75" LiteRoc Tripod
The iOptron AZ Mount Pro now comes with the iOptron LiteRoc 1.75" tripod. This tripod is made of a 1.75" upper leg and 1.5" lower leg diameter, making the tripod lighter and more stable than the 2" tripod. With more rigidity and redesigned leg lock levers, this tripod helps take the iOptron AZ Mount Pro to the next level.
There is a lot about the iOptron AZ Mount Pro that will make you glad you added it to you observation set up. With the whisper-quiet low power consumption stepper motors as they move your telescope from object to object, an on-board rechargeable lithium ion battery to provide up to ten hours of power so you can do a good long observing session without the need for an additional power source, the “level and go” AZ Mount Pro from iOptron is amazingly easy to set up and allows for up to 33 pounds of primary payload; all in a very portable package that is equipped with powerful GoTo computerization.
The die-cast aluminum body of the AZ Mount Pro is strong and built to last. It is capable of a 33 pound primary payload and a 10 pound secondary payload, but weighs just 13 pounds. A 6” dual (Vixen or Losmandy-style) dovetail saddle is included that will handle the primary load, and if you wish to mount a reasonably light secondary load, a Vixen-style dovetail is available separately.The mount comes with a retractable counterweight shaft and 10-pound counterweight, and additional counterweights are available for purchase. An aluminum hard case will keep your mount safe when not in use, and makes it easy to pick up and go whenever you wish. This mount is only 10” tall, and with its increased weight capacity, would make a great travel mount for both nighttime and daytime astronomy.
The secret to fast and easy leveling is the AZ Mount Pro’s built-in precision level indicator. To set up, all you have to do is set the mount & tripod down, adjust the three leveling knobs on the tripod head to level the AZ Mount Pro, and turn on the power. From there, the onboard 32 channel GPS receiver calculates the mount’s global position, and the built-in position and angular detection sensors compute the mount’s orientation. Once this is accomplished, your iOptron AZ Mount Pro will automatically go to a bright object in the sky and ask you to confirm that it is in the center of your field of view, and that’s all there is to it! Once you confirm, tracking and GoTo functionality is activated, and you are ready to observe.
The included iOptron Go2Nova 8407 hand controller is loaded with an object library that will keep you busy for a lifetime of observing! The 8407 controller also offers an 8-line, 21-character illuminated LCD screen and the choice of 9 different driver speeds for the ability to quickly get across the sky to slowly and precisely centering an object, and what’s more, it works well in temperatures as low as -20ºC.
The iOptron AZ Pro Mount also has a built-in wifi adapter that will allow for full ASCOM, iOptron Commander, or Sky Safari wireless control. A serial port is also included for computer control via telescope control software (sold separately), and is also used should your mount require a firmware upgrade.
- Mount Type: Alt-Azimuth Mount
- Body Materials: Die-cast Aluminum
- System: GoToNova®
- Primary Payload: 33 lb.
- Secondary Payload: 10 lb.
- Mount Weight: 13 lb. including CW shaft and battery
- Gear: Aluminum worm wheel/Brass worm gear
- Motor: 128X microstep stepper motor
- Transmission: Synchronous belt
- Resolution: 0.1 arc second
- Tracking: Automatic
- Tracking Rate: Celestial, solar, lunar and user defined
- Hand controller: Go2Nova® 8407
- Slew Speed: 1x, 2×, 8×, 16x, 64×, 128x, 256×, 512x and MAX(~10º/sec, 2400X)
- GPS: 32-channel GPS
- Sensors: Position and angular detection
- Level indicator: Yes
- Dovetail Saddle: 6" Losmandy/Vixen dual saddle
- Battery: Built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery (11.1V, 4.4AH)
- Battery Running Time: 10 hour at 20ºC
- Battery Charger: 100-240V AC input /12.6V DC 2000mA output
- Wireless Control: Yes, full control via built-in WIFI adapter
- Firmware Upgrade: Yes, via serial port
- Computer Control: Yes. PC via ASCOM and Mac/Tablet/SmartPhone via WIFI
- Counterweight: 10 lb.
- Counterweight Shaft Diameter: 20mm
- Tripod: Stainless Steel with 1.75” Upper Leg Diameter and 1.5" Lower Leg Diameter
- Warranty: Two Year Limited, 90 Days for Battery