- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
iOptron CEM40EC Mount Head with iPolar and Hard Case - 7420ECA
iOptron CEM40EC Equatorial Mount Head with iPolar & Hard Case
Representing the next generation of center-balanced equatorial mounts, the iOptron CEM40 offers superb performance as well as an incredibly eye-catching appearance. Supports up to 40 pound payloads despite weighing in at less than 16 pounds!The iOptron CEM40 Mount incorporates the iPolor electronic polar finder scope to ensure that telescope alignment will be accurate, even when the pole star is concealed. Large levers on the quick-lock drive engagement system make snapping the gears into place easy.
Innovative iOptron Technology With iOptron's patent-pending Universal Self-Centering Saddle (USCS), the iOptron CEM40EC mount is capable of accepting both Losmandy and Vixen-style dovetail plates. In addition, the CEM40EC also features iOptron's ultra-quiet, low-power consuming stepper motor drive for even better precision tracking.
Computerized Mount Features For night sky navigation, the iOptron CEM40EC mount uses the Go2Nova® 8407 hand controller. This incredible technology helps observers find celestial objects with the aid of the mount's 212,000+ object database! For those looking for a telescope that has the capability of tracking and finding beautiful night sky objects, this mount is a must have tool. Please note this package does not include the tripod or 10 lb. counterweight. It does, however, come with a hard case to go along with the integrated iPolar.
iOptron CEM40EC Equatorial Mount Highlights
- Unique Center-Balanced equatorial mount (CEM) design maximizes payload capacity while minimizing mount weight
- Supports up to 40 lb. (18 kg) payloads while weighing just 15.8 lbs. (7.2 kg)
- Perfect for visual observation as well as astrophotography
- CNC-machined red/black anodized metal construction
- Easy to use quick-lock gear clutches
- iPolar electronic polar finder
- Low periodic error (PE< 0.25 arc seconds RMS)
- Real-time periodic error correction with high resolution encoder (RPEC)
- Precision stepper motor enables accurate GoTo and tracking
- Uses the Go2Nova® 8407+ hand controller with advanced GOTONOVA® GOTO technology and built-in heater
- ST-4 autoguiding port
- 32-channel Global Positioning System (GPS)
- USB communication port
- Cable management system
- Patent-pending iOptron universal dovetail saddle
- Hard case
- Optional WiFi for mount control via a smartphone, tablet, or computer