- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
iOptron Urban 90mm Maksutov Cassegrain Telescope with CubePro Alt-Azimuth Mount - 10090
iOptron Urban 90mm Maksutov Cassegrain Telescope with CubePro Alt-Az Mount
This iOptron Urban MC90 package brings together everything you need for quick and easy set up with impressive optics. The 90mm Maksutov-Cassegrain OTA sits on the GPS-enhanced CubePro Alt-Azimuth mount. You also receive a durable stainless steel adjustable tripod, 2 eyepieces, erect-image diagonal, Go2Nova Hand Controller, and much more.
The Urban 90 features a Maksutov-Cassegrain optical design with a 90mm aperture and f/13.3 focal ratio. This high focal ratio means you will see dark background sky and increased contrast. Enjoy bright stars and enhanced detail using the included erect-image diagonal and 10mm or 20mm eyepiece (also included). This MC90 has an internal flip mirror that is perfect for dual viewing. This catadioptric, closed-tube design also means less fussing with collimation.
The CubePro mount has the same reliable GoTo and tracking functions as found in more cumbersome German equatorial counterparts however they are a fraction of the size and weight. The adjustable stainless steel tripod is lightweight yet durable, making it perfect tripod to use in a pinch. Included are a counterweight shaft and a 3.5lb counterweight to keep your setup stable and balanced. This Alt-Az mount does not require polar alignment and can be set up to track and GoTo without a view of the celestial pole (i.e. a tall building in the way).
The CubePro is compact enough for hassle-free setup and transport. In fact, mount assembly takes less than 5 minutes. Yet the CubePro is sturdy enough to add a secondary scope. Add a secondary dovetail saddle (not included) and you will have a sophisticated, dual scope setup. This is ideal if you enjoy visual observations and astrophotography simultaneously. The dual scope setup is also great to diversify your views. For example, you may use you main scope for detailed, magnified views and the secondary scope for wide-field observations.
The CubePro is compatible with all ASCOM compliant planetarium programs and many other programs such as Sky X, Starry Night and Voyager. The CubePro includes the Go2Nova Hand Controller, loaded with over 150,000 objects for you to explore. The mount is powered by either 8 AA batteries or the included 12V AC/DC Adapter.
iOptron Urban 90mm Maksutov Cassegrain Specs
- Optical Design: Maksotov-Cassegrain
- Clear Aperture: 90 mm
- Focal Length: 1200 mm
- Focal Ratio: f/13.3
- Resolving Power: 1.3 arc sec
- Focuser: Internal
- Eyepiece Adapter: 1.25 inch
- Eyepiece 1: 20mm
- Eyepiece 2: 10mm
- Finder scope: Red dot
- Diagonal: 45º erect prism
- Weight: 3.5 lbs
iOptron CubePro Alt-Az/EQ Mount Specs
- Mount: Alt-Azimuth Mount
- Body Materials: Die-cast Aluminum
- Maximum Payload: 8 lbs
- Mount Weight: 3.1 lbs (w/o batteries)
- System: GoToNova®
- Motor: Dual-Axis DC Servo motor with encoders
- Gear: Aluminum worm wheel/Brass worm gear
- Bearing: 4 steel ball bearings
- Hand controller: Go2Nova® 8408 w AA/EQ dual mode
- LCD display: 8 line, 21 character with LED backlit
- Database: 150,000+ object database
- Slew Speed: 1x, 2×,8×,16x, 64×,128x, 256×,512x and MAX(~4º/sec)
- Tracking Control: Automatic
- Tracking Rate: Celestial, Solar, Lunar, King and Sser defined
- Resolution: 0.5 arc second
- GPS: 32-channel GPS
- Processor: 32bit ARM
- Level indicator: Yes
- Dovetail Saddle: Integrated VIXEN saddle
- Counterweight: 3.5lb (Included)
- Battery: AA x 8 (Not Included)
- AC/DC Adapter: Included
- Power Consumption: 0.2A (Tracking),0.6A (Slew)
- Power Requirement: DC 12V±2V, >1.2A
- Tripod: 1.25” Stainless Steel
- Serial Port: Yes (on hand controller)
- Firmware Upgrade: Yes
- PC Computer Control: Yes (iOptron Commander and ASCOM)
- Wireless Control: Yes (with optional StarFi TM adapter #8434)
- Operating Temp.: 0 ~ 40°C