- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
iOptron Versa 30 ED APO 108mm Refractor with iEQ30 Pro GoTo Mount - 14030
iOptron 108 mm Versa ED APO Refractor with iEQ30 Mount
This iOptron Versa 30 package is perfect for anyone serious about astrophotography or interested in deep-space visual observation. The Versa 108 features fast f/6 optics in an APO doublet refractor to reveal sharp, clean images. The OTA sits on the impressive iEQ30 Pro computerized equatorial mount. This Versa 30 also comes equipped with a 1.5" stainless steel tripod, 1.25" dielectric diagonal, 1.25" 25mm Plossl eyepiece, and much more, so you can enjoy the skies wherever you go.
About the iOptron 108 mm Versa ED APO Refractor
Relatively fast at f/6, this iOptron Versa 108 mm air-spaced apochromatic doublet refractor produces sharp images with superb clarity and color correction. The iOptron Versa 108 features fully multi-coated optics and an interior knife edge baffle system for high contrast images one would expect from refractors in this class. With full CNC-machined metal construction and a retractable dew shield, the optical tube offers up an accurate portrayal of quality.
That impression is further confirmed by the smooth motion of its patented hybrid drive dual speed rack and pinion focuser. This 360º rotatable focuser contains two separate points of rotation to enable the user to set the position of the focus knobs while still being able to independently rotate the diagonal or imaging array. Drawtube is secured in two directions via a patented focus lock to ensure a strong hold without slippage, even when large intricate imaging set-ups are employed. Non-marring brass compression rings on the 2" focus collar and included 1.25" adapter enable a firm grip on any diagonal or another accessory. The Versa 108 also comes with two solid mounting rings, a Vixen-style dovetail plate, and aluminum hard case.
About the iOptron iEQ30 Mount
The iOptron iEQ30 Pro EQ Mount offers the classic design of a German Equatorial mount with the sophistication of cutting-edge GoTo technology from iOptron. The iEQ30 Pro is perfect for beginners as well as intermediate amateur astronomers and astrophotographers. With a payload capacity of 30 pounds, you can choose from a large array of optical tube assemblies to round out your set-up, from a medium-sized refractor to an 8” Schmidt-Cassegrain.
The iOptron iEQ30 Pro weighs just 15 pounds without the counterweight, making this mount one of the highest payload to mount ratios (2.0) around. The heavy duty tripod, with 1.5” diameter stainless steel legs and a die-cast metal tripod spreader, offers stability and quick dampening time without the weight of a larger tripod or pier. If you would like something beefier, iOptron offers the iEQ30 Pro with a 2” leg diameter tripod as an alternative, or you can always opt for an optional pier.
The electronics housed in the iEQ30 Pro and its advanced GOTONOVA hand controller are impressive. Automatically “GoTo” over 359,000 objects with the touch of a button. The built-in 32-channel GPS will help you align the mount and keep the internal clock up to date. An RS232 port and allows you to update software as necessary and the ST-4-style auto guiding port accepts a wide range of third-party guiders to help make astrophotography even easier.
The iOptron iEQ30 Pro includes the AccuAlign polar alignment scope with dark-field illumination. Couple the functionality of an illuminated polar alignment scope with the iOptron Quick Polar Alignment procedure, and you will be accurately set up and tripping the light fantastic in no time. Also included are an AC adapter and DC adapter, which allows you to run the iEQ30 Pro from a regular household current or a DC power supply (or your vehicle’s battery if you don’t have a stand-alone power supply and are away from AC power). Finally, a 9.8 lb. counterweight is included with this system. Extra counterweights are available should you need them.
iOptron 108 mm Versa ED APO Refractor Highlights
- 108 mm air-spaced doublet objective lens with extra low dispersion (ED) glass
- Fully multi-coated optics
- Precision CNC-machined all-metal construction with retractable dew shield
- 660 mm focal length enables wide field views
- Fast f/6 optics with outstanding color correction
- Patented 2.7" hybrid dual-speed rack & pinion focuser with two direction focus lock and several 360º rotation points for extra flexibility
- Both the 2" focuser collar and 1.25" accessory adapter feature brass compression rings
- Includes a set of solid mounting rings and a Vixen-style dovetail plate
- Finder scope accessory shoe
iOptron iEQ30 Pro Equatorial Mount Specifications:
- Mount: German Equatorial Mount
- Payload: 30 lb (13.5kg)
- Mount Weight: 15 lb (6.8kg)
- Latitude Adjustment Range: 0º ~ 65º
- Azimuth Adjustment Range: ± 6º
- RA Worm Period: 480 S
- Right Ascension Worm Wheel: Ø110 mm, 180 teeth
- Declination Worm Wheel: Ø88 mm, 144 teeth
- RA and DEC Worm: Ø15.2 mm, M=0.6, brass
- RA Bearing: Ø68 mm
- DEC Bearing: Ø55 mm
- Right Ascension Axis Shaft: Ø40 mm, steel
- Declination Axis Shaft: Ø30 mm, steel
- Gear Meshing: Zero backlash
- Counterweight Shaft: Ø20 mm, Stainless steel
- Counterweight: 9.8 lb (4.5kg)
- Mount Base Diameter: Ø120 mm
- Dovetail Saddle: Vixen
- Level Indicator: Precision bubble
- Polar Scope: AccuAlign G2 polar scope, dark field illumination
- Drive Motor: 1.8° stepper motor, 128 microdivision
- Resolution: 0.14 arc seconds (256 PPS)
- Transmission: 48MXL Synchronous belt
- Motor Control: Open loop
- PEC: Permanent PEC
- HandController: Go2Nova® 8407+,359,000 objects database, star recognition
- HC Display: 8 line, 21 character LCD, heated
- Slew Speed: 9 speeds, 6°/sec max (1440X)
- Tracking Rate: Sidereal/Solar/Lunar/King/User
- Meridian Treatment: Stop (0-15° pass) and auto flip
- GPS: Built-in 32 Channel GPS
- Communication Port: RS232
- Guiding Port: ST-4
- Power Interruption Recovery: Yes
- Power Requirement: DC 12V (11~15V) 2A
- Power Consumption: 0.4A(Tracking) 0.6A(GOTO)
- Computer Control: Yes (ASCOM)
- Operation Temperature: -20~45°C
- Tripod: 1.5” Stainless Steel (10.6lb or 4.8kg)