- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Losmandy Gemini 1 to Gemini 2 Upgrade Kit - GEMINI-2-UPGRADE
Losmandy Gemini 2 GoTo System Upgrade
- Upgrade your Gemini 1 to the Gemini 2 to take advantage of the latest GoTo System from Losmandy,
- Since you already have the servo motors installed on your GM-8, G-11, Titan, or G9 mount, this upgrade is relatively easy.
- The Losmandy Gemini 2 Upgrade Kit includes a touch screen hand controller and the Main Control Unit.
Losmandy has updated the Gemini GoTo System to include a newly enhanced CPU and increased memory. Perhaps most impressive is the interactive color touch screen that comes with the Losmandy Gemini 2 Go-To System.
Losmandy Gemini 2 Go-To System Features:
- Full Color Graphic Touch Screen clearly displays all functions
- Classic four-button pattern for guiding, centering, moving, and slewing on both the touch screen and on a tactile membrane on the rear surface
- Support for the original four-button controller
- Can be used on all Losmandy GM8, G-11, & Titan mounts
- Custom mount support using the Programmable Gear Rate function
- 0.5 arcsec positional accuracy
- GPS-compatible with optional receiver
- Stand-alone system: No PC is required for operation
- English, German, French, & Spanish displays
- Ethernet 10/100 with full IP function permits operation from anywhere using a browser, ASCOM, or app over the web or serial port
- Non-Volatile Memory and Real-Time Clock
- Over 40,000 objects stored in the database
- USB ports: Virtual COM to PC, ASCOM or planetarium program
- Port F: multi-function serial port; for A/D Input or Output
- Firmware upgrade via internet
- PEC: Periodic error correction
- Auto-Guide port (TTL)
- Dual 12~18 VDC input/output (3.0 A)
- Tiltable control panel, for easy access during operation
Gemini 2 Celestial Database Includes:
- 168 BSL
- 303 Combined_Constellation_Stars
- 5437 IC
- 1125 LBN
- 1787 LDN
- 110 Messier Objects
- 8290 NGC (New General Catalog)
- 1143 PN
- 17636 SAO (Smithsonian Ap. Obs.)
- 313 Sh2
- 223 Southern_Constellation_Stars
- 3988 WDS
The CPU on the Gemini 2 System uses a mounted PC board as its base. This is a proven set up and is one of the most reliable in the field today. The main board has auto-guider and accessory ports, for full remote control (via the web) of the system from a computer from anywhere in the world. The Gemini 2 uses a Meade LX200 inspired command set. Clock and location information can be updated through a Losmandy GPS accessory that is sold separately.