- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Optec DirectSync One Motor Assembly for APO with Dual-Speed Focuser - 19776
Optec FocusLynx DirectSync APO Focus System
The Optec FocusLynx DirectSync APO system is an aftermarket add-on that works with numerous import Apochromat telescopes with dual-speed focusers. Telescope manufacturers such as Meade Instruments, Stellarvue, and others include focusers which are suitable for use with the DirectSync APO motor. This new DirectSyn APO motor, like all DirectSync and QuickSync motors from Optec, offers a direct drive motor that can be readily disconnected to allow for manual focusing. Easy to install, the DirectSync APO motor kit gives users a way to focus digitally while also enabling manual focus at the telescope.
Initially designed for use with Meade Series 6000 apochromatic triplet refractor telescopes specifically, the Optec FocusLynx DirectSync APO package is also compatible with Stellarvue SV70T and Access series telescopes. You can find a complete list of suitable telescopes and focusers below. With a direct gearing system that leaves the planetary reduction assembly and unique tensioning system intact, the DirectSync APO can achieve greater positional repeatability and carry imaging camera packages in excess of 5 kg (11 lbs.).
Coupled with the FocusLynx controller (sold separately), DirectSync can be used in both manual and automatic focusing modes. Fully ASCOM compliant, FocusLynx Commander software works in conjunction with higher level client software such as FocusMax and Maxim D/L as well as CCDSoft and TheSky X to provide auto-focusing for a wide variety of manual focusers.
Optec DirectSync APO Focus Motor Compatibility
- Astro-Tech AT80EDT, AT115EDT, and AT130EDT f/6 ED Triplet refractors
- Meade 80 mm Series 6000 ED Triplet APO
- Meade 115 mm Series 6000 ED Triplet APO
- Meade 130 mm Series 6000 ED Triplet APO
- Stellarvue SV70T f/6 APO Triplet
- Stellarvue SV80, SV102, and SV125 Access series refractors
- Teleskop Service TS-Optics Photoline 130mm f/7 Triplet APO
- William Optics Star 71 mm f/4.9 Limited Blue Edition
- William Optics Gran Turismo 71 mm APO
Optec DirectSync APO Focus Motor Specifications
- Motor Housing Width: 1.9" (48 mm)
- Overall Length: 3.35" (85 mm)
- Weight: 5.2 oz.
- Step Resolution: Approx. 1.4 micron per step
- Stepper Motor: Bi-polar NPM 15-ohm with 1:25 gearhead
- Connection to FocusLynx: Standard Ethernet cable (included)
- Temperature Probe: Integrated Digital Sensor type TMP04FT9Z
- Current Draw: Maximum draw approx. 350mA