- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Orion CT80 Refractor and StarShoot AutoGuider Package - 20277
Orion CT80 Refractor w/StarShoot AutoGuider
- Supplement any imaging setup with this complete autoguiding solution for more precise astro-imaging results.
- Includes an 80 mm f/5 CT80 refractor optical tube offering a wide field of view ideal for locating potential guide stars.
- The popular Orion StarShoot AutoGuider is also included to boost astrophotography performance by providing autoguided accuracy.
- This package comes with everything necessary for accurate autoguiding. All you need to do is add your astrophotography telescope and mount.
- Fully assembled, this imaging setup weighs in at only 3.8 lbs.
This CT80 Refractor and StarShoot AutoGuider package from Orion enables higher quality astro-images via guiding. The guiding accuracy of practically any astrophotography system can be enhanced using this remarkably affordable and exceptionally effective autoguiding solution for consistently impressive astrophotos. Precise guiding is an outright necessity for images with pinpoint stars, no matter the telescope being employed for long-exposure astrophotography. The combination of a dedicated autoguider device and guidescope telescope is arguably the optimal solution for augmenting the accuracy of any astro-imaging search. Using a complete autoguiding system is particularly advantageous when pursuing images of faint deep sky imaging when several lengthy exposures are needed. This complete package, exclusive to Orion, makes autoguiding easy, and its affordable price is easy on your wallet. The 80 mm CT80 Refractor StarShoot AutoGuider Package contains everything you need to obtain precise tracking accuracy for your astrophotography setup. Let's take a closer look at each of the included items:
Orion 80 mm CT80 Compact Refractor Telescope Optical Tube With its short 400 mm focal length, the CT80 refractor is optimally suited for use as a guide scope. This lightweight instrument offers fast f/5 optics and an extensive field of view to enable easy guide star acquisition. At only 2.25 lbs., the fully coated CT80 refractor provides bright views of possible guide stars without contributing much weight to your astrophotography setup.
Orion StarShoot AutoGuider The popular Orion StarShoot AutoGuider keeps track of a selected guide star while communicating constantly with a connected equatorial mount to correct any tracking errors that come up during long-exposure astrophotography sessions. The StarShoot AutoGuider features a high resolution, 1/2" format 1.3 MP CMOS monochrome sensor chip with 5.2 µm square pixels for highly accuracte guiding. This chip lives in a super compact, anodized aluminum housing that measures just 2.5" in width by 2.35" in length and weighs a mere 4.4 oz. Due to the small pixel size, this highly accurate sensor makes the StarShoot AutoGuider a perfect match for the short focal length CT80 refractor optical tube.
Orion 105 mm ID Guide Scope Ring Set This package also comes with a pair of cast-metal rings made to hold the 80 mm ShortTube refractor while offering a wide variety of alignment adjustment possibilities so your guide scope and astrophotography telescope can be aligned easily. Both rings contain three non-marring nylon alignment screws to prevent scratching while providing precise guide scope alignment.
Orion Guide Scope Ring Mounting Bar A rigid anodized aluminum guide scope ring mounting bar is included for attaching the entire Orion Awesome AutoGuider Package to an astrophotography telescope. Attach the guide scope rings to the mounting bar using the included hardware and then install the CT80 refractor into the guide scope rings. Then couple the whole AutoGuider system to your astrophotography telescope. Pre-drilled through-holes allow for easy attachment.
Orion CT80 f/5 Refractor Telescope Specifications
- Best for Viewing: Lunar and planetary
- Best for Imaging: Deep sky
- User Level: Intermediate
- Optical Design: Refractor
- Optical Diameter: 80 mm
- Focal Length: 400 mm
- Focal Ratio: f/5.0
- Coatings: Fully coated
- Glass Material: Crown/Flint
- Resolving Power: 1.45 arcsec
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 11x
- Highest Useful Magnification: 160x
- Highest Theoretical Magnification: 160x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 12.2
- Tube Material: Aluminum
- Optical Tube Length: 14.7"
- Optical Tube Weight: 2.2 lbs.
- Astro-Imaging Capability: Lunar, planetary, and long exposure
Not compatible with Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescopes