- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Orion Light Shroud for SkyQuest XX14 Truss Tube Dobsonian - 15098
Orion Light Shroud for SkyQuest XX14 Truss Tube Dobsonian
Getting the best performance from a Dobsonian is what any observer would want. To get this though, a light shroud is a must-have accessory. This Orion light shroud was custom designed for the SkyQuest XX14 Truss Tube Dobsonian. It is made of a nylon blend material that is stretchy and fits the poles of the XX14 like a glove! It is easy to use, having thick elastic bands on either end.
This shroud, made in the U.S.A., has fabric that prevents stray light from entering the optical path, improving the image contrast. This light shroud is breathable, so it also minimizes unwanted scope vibration during breezy observation sessions. It doesn't stop there though; the shroud will lessen the accumulation of dirt, dust, and dew on the mirrors while the telescope is in use. This limits the need for a dew heater/shield and dust cover!
How It Works
When using a truss tube Dobsonian telescope for solar observing, always use a Light Shroud and a properly sized solar filter. Be sure that there are no gaps between the shroud and the telescope. No direct sunlight should reach the telescope mirror. If direct sunlight reaches the mirror this can lead to eye injury or damage to the telescope. Also, before solar observing, make sure to install dust caps or other protective covers on all optical components, such as guiding scopes, to keep the sunlight from passing through. Looking through optical systems without coverings, even for an instant, can cause permanent eye damage.
- Nylon material
- Able to stretch
- Custom designed for the SkyQuest XX14 Truss Tube Dobsonian