- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Orion 80 mm CT80 Compact Refractor Telescope Optical Tube - No Accessories - 9202
Orion 80 mm CT80 Compact Refractor Telescope
- Portable 80 mm short focal length f/5 refractor telescope optical tube at an affordable price.
- Wide field of view optics are optimally suited for acquiring guide stars, as well as for expansive celestial and terrestrial views.
- 80 mm aperture objective lens is fully coated and provides bright views by collecting a large amount of light.
- Measuring 14.75" in length and weighing just 2.25 lbs., The Orion CT80 Refractor is a versatile but compact instrument.
- Optical tube only. Accessories are sold separately.
Orion's affordable CT80 Compact Refractor is being offered here without accessories for those who already have a preferred mount or tripod. This flexible instrument works well for both daytime and nighttime wide-field observations, as well as for use as a guide scope for enhanced astro-imaging endeavors. Connect the Orion CT80 to a tripod or equatorial mount and equip it with an optional mirror diagonal and eyepiece to transform it into a conveniently portable rich-field star probe providing bright, wide-field views. The CT80's fully coated 80 mm objective lens with short 400 mm focal length is optimized for examining wide swaths of night sky. Interior baffles help to remove off-axis reflections and enhance contrast. This refractor offers excellent views of brighter deep sky objects, as well as solar system objects such as Saturn, Jupiter, and the Moon. For daytime terrestrial viewing, simply add a correct-image diagonal, eyepiece, and finderscope or reflex sight and you're set to view your earthbound targets. The compact design of the CT80 Refractor enables convenient portability for easy transport to remote viewing locations. The Orion CT80 Compact Refractor Optical Tube is great for use as a dedicated guide scope for guided astrophotography pursuits. This fast f/5.0 OTA delivers a very wide field-of-view, which makes guide star acquisition a breeze, even under light-polluted skies. The lightweight CT80 weighs in at a mere 2.25 lbs., and can be added to virtually any astrophotography setup without exceeding your imaging-capable equatorial (EQ) mount's payload capacity. A narrow Vixen-style dovetail mounting bar along the bottom of the CT80 Refractor includes threaded 1/4"-20 sockets for secure attachment to a wide variety of mounts and tripods. The metal 1.25" focuser of the CT80 features a handy focus lock knob and is compatible with any 1.25" mirror or prism diagonal, as well as eyepieces with 1.25" barrels. You can easily add an optional finderscope or reflex sight to the CT80 thanks to a built-in dovetail finderscope base that's compatible with any Orion aiming device.
Orion CT80 f/5 Refractor Telescope Specifications
- Best for Viewing: Lunar and planetary
- Best for Imaging: Lunar, planetary, and terrestrial
- User Level: Beginner
- Optical Design: Refractor
- Optical Diameter: 80 mm
- Focal Length: 400 mm
- Focal Ratio: f/5.0
- Coatings: Fully coated
- Glass Material: Crown/Flint
- Resolving Power: 1.45 arcsec
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 11x
- Highest Useful Magnification: 160x
- Highest Theoretical Magnification: 160x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 12.2
- Tube Material: Aluminum
- Optical Tube Length: 14.7"
- Optical Tube Weight: 2.2 lbs.
- Astro-Imaging Capability: Lunar, planetary, and terrestrial
- Additional Features: Attached Vixen-style dovetail mounting bar