- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Orion EON 85 mm ED-X2 f/6.6 APO Triplet Refractor Telescope - 10089
Orion EON 85 mm ED-X2 APO Triplet Refractor Telescope
- This apochromatic refractor features two extra-low dispersion glass elements for extraordinary visual and imaging performance.
- With an 85 mm aperture and 560 mm focal length, the Orion 85 mm EON is well-suited for wide-field imaging and observation.
- Superb true-color views and images are the result of a triplet objective that contains one FPL-51 ED glass element as well as one FPL-53 ED glass element.
- Incorporates a 2" rotatable hybrid-drive focuser with precise, 11:1 dual-speed control that handles up to 17.6 lbs. of imaging equipment without slippage.
- Comes with a hard carrying case inserted with custom die-cut foam, a set of durable hinged tube rings and dovetail bar, 1.25" adapter, and more.
With two ED glass elements, the Orion EON 85 mm ED-X2 apochromatic triplet refractor provides impressive true-color operation, ushering in a new level of optical excellence. This remarkable refractor will live up to the expectations of even the most critical observers and astrophotographers.
Contrary to the majority of ED triplets which are produced with only one ED glass element, this exquisitely crafted apochromatic refactor outpaces ordinary triplets by featuring one element of FPL-53 ED glass plus one element of FPL-51 ED glass. The exterior has an appealing gloss-black finish with eye-catching satin-red accents and accessories for an instrument that is truly breathtaking.
Triplet Objective Lens with Two ED Glass Elements
Fully multi-coated diffraction limited optics and fluoro-crown extra-low dispersion (ED) glass elements give this Orion 85 mm EON ED-X2 refractor the capability of providing superb correction of chromatic and spherical aberrations. By so effectively containing these aberrations, this triplet apochromatic telescope generates immaculate visuals as well as razor-sharp astro-images without any fringing or clarity reduction.
Precision Dual-Speed Hybrid Drive Focuser
This gorgeous refractor boasts a hybrid-drive 2" rack and pinion focuser with dual-speed (11:1 ratio) controls for easy fine focus adjusting. This focuser is capable of supporing imaging equipment trains that weigh a maximum of 17.6 lbs. Rotates a full 360º for enhanced imaging or observing accessibility. Allows 60 mm of back focus travel, and incorporates a focus lock knob. Both 2" and 1.25" accessories can be used with this focuser thanks to an included 1.25" step-down adapter.
Versatile EON 85 mm ED-X2 Refractor Optical Tube
This fast f/6.6 focal ratio (560 mm focal length) EON 85 mm ED-X2 refractor is ideal for wide-field visual and photographic applications. Multiple internal baffles inhibit off-axis reflections for outstanding contrast, while a retractable lens shade takes care of dew accumulation and glare. This lightweight optical tube weighs only 9.25 lbs., so it doesn't require an enormous mount for stability. The Orion EON 85 mm ED-X2 makes a splendid addition to any astrophotography system.
Hard Carrying Case with Custom Die-Cut Foam
For secure transport and easy storage, the Orion EON 85 mm ED-X2 package includes a hard carry case inserted with custom die-cut foam to hold the optical tube and all included accessories such as a thread-on objective lens cover, a pair of heavy-duty machined tube rings, rugged Vixen style dovetail bar for convenient mount attachment, and a dovetail finder base (installation required).