- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Orion Mini 50 mm Guide Scope - 08891
Orion Mini 50mm Guide Scope 08891
- Compact mini guide scope designed for use with astrophotography telescopes up to 1500mm focal length
- Mini 50mm guide scope with bright, wide-field optics puts numerous potential guide stars in view so you'll never have to search for one!
- Adjustable-aim dovetail guide scope bracket installs on virtually any astrophotography telescope quickly and easily
- Very small and compact autoguiding system adds hardly any weight to an astrophotography setup and can conveniently be stashed in an accessory case between uses
- Designed for use with Orion StarShoot AutoGuider (sold separately) and other similar small-chip CCD autoguiders
The Orion-designed Mini 50mm Guide Scope is a complete and compact guide scope solution designed for use with the Orion StarShoot AutoGuider (sold separately) or similar small-chip CCD autoguider devices. The Orion Mini 50mm Guide Scope is ideal for guiding long-exposure astrophotographs with imaging telescopes up to 1500mm in focal length.
Thanks to the high level of guiding accuracy offered by modern autoguider devices such as the Orion StarShoot AutoGuider, astro-imagers of today can use guide scopes with much shorter focal lengths and smaller apertures compared to the large, bulky models used in the past. Using a more optically "fast" refractor as a guide scope can save astro-imagers time, space, and money, but will still provide the unrivaled accuracy that only autoguiding can bring to long-exposure astrophotographs. Although modern dedicated autoguider devices allow small, optically fast guide scopes to be used with excellent results, there is an unfortunate scarcity of quality offerings available. That is, until now. The Orion Mini 50mm Guide Scope brings autoguiding into the realm of affordability for any astrophotographer, and brings the guide scope to a position that was previously occupied by a telescope finder scope.
Consisting of a 50mm aperture, 162mm focal length (f/3.2) achromatic refractor guide scope, an adjustable dovetail guide scope bracket, an 1.25" aluminum parfocal ring, a dovetail mounting base, and an adapter plate, the Orion Mini 50mm Guide Scope makes it easy for any astro-imager to enjoy the precision of autoguiding in their images. All this pint-sized setup requires is a StarShoot AutoGuider (sold separately) or similar small-chip CCD autoguider and it’s ready for night, camera, action! The guide scope bracket fits into the standard Orion dovetail finder scope base found on most Orion telescopes. If your imaging scope doesn’t feature a dovetail base or has one already occupied by an oft-used finder, the included dovetail base and attachment hardware lets you attach the Mini 50mm Guide Scope to any optical tube. Alternatively, the included adapter plate can be used to attach the dovetail base and Mini 50mm Guide Scope to any standard dovetail plate or side-by-side plate if preferred.
The featherweight guide scope tips the scales at a mere 16oz., and has been designed for use with imaging telescopes measuring up to 1500mm in focal length. This one-pound wonder Mini 50mm Guide Scope features fully multi-coated optics and a focus-adjusting front ring with locking collar. The included parfocal ring makes it easy to repeat autoguiding performance night to night, by letting you set the ideal focus position of the autoguider.
Find out how easy and affordable it can be to add autoguiding precision to your astrophotos today with the new Orion Mini 50mm Guide Scope!
- Best for imaging: Deep sky
- User level: Intermediate
- Optical design: Refractor
- Optical diameter: 50mm
- Focal length: 162mm
- Focal ratio: f/3.2
- Coatings: Fully coated
- Optics type: Air-spaced doublet
- Glass material: Crown/Flint
- Resolving power: 3.32arc*sec
- Lowest useful magnification: 9x
- Finder scope: None
- Focuser: None
- Mount type: Optical Tube without Mount
- Astro-imaging capability: Lunar, planetary & long exposure
- Tube material: Aluminum
- Length of optical tube: 6.8 in.
- Weight, optical tube: 1.0 lbs.
- Additional included accessories: Adjustable dovetail mounting bracket, Universal mounting plate and hardware, Parfocal ring and hex key
- Other features: Adjustable focus objective lens, Compact, lightweight guiding solution