- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Orion Sirius EQ-G GoTo 180mm Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope - 24764
Orion Sirius EQ-G GoTo 180mm Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope
The Orion 180mm Sirius Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope is designed for the serious big Mak fan. With its massive 7.1" aperture, EQ-G mount with GoTo capabilities, and steel construction tripod, this scope is built to work for you. The Sirius EQ-G also includes a1.25" star diagonal, 9x50 finderscope, two counterweights, and a 25mm Plossl eyepieces to get you started.
The Maksutov-Cassegrain optical design provides high-power performance with a 2,700mm focal length and f/15 focal ratio. The 7.1" (180mm) aperture boasts 44% more light gathering power than the 150mm Mak, resulting in brighter astro images and better resolution. And the Maksutov-Cassegrain optical design produces larger images with less eyepiece magnification than other telescopes. It's the perfect combination of brightness, contrast, and definition for planets, close double-stars, clusters, and well-defined deep-sky targets. The meniscus lens is fully multicoated for maximum light transmission, further enhancing the bright, well-defined images. No other optical design can deliver such potent optical specifications in a package that measures just 22" long and weighs in just under 16 lbs.
The EQ-G mount makes this system effortless to control. This GoTo enhanced equatorial mount is a simple yet reliable (and very high-tech) way to control your telescope. Two stepper motors on the Sirius mount power the telescope to the object you select at a brisk 3.4° per second, putting it right in your eyepiece's field of view. You will enjoy more productive viewing sessions, seeing way more wonders in a single evening than you ever thought possible. The GoTo system will even take you on a guided sky tour of the best sights each month! Just do an easy initial alignment and you're ready to go!
The legendary Sirius EQ-G mount provides a steady base no matter how rugged your viewing conditions are. This substantial mount features internal dual-axis stepper motors that slew the telescope at up to 3.4° per second. Includes an illuminated polar-axis scope, 8.3" dovetail mounting bar, and an 11 lb. counterweight. The tripod is remarkably sturdy with 1.75"- diameter stainless steel legs and metal spreader plate. And, of course, the computerized GoTo controller makes harnessing all that power a snap! Requires an external 12-volt power source or an AC-to-DC adapter.
The visual back accepts 1.25" eyepieces and accessories, and a dovetail bracket on the rear cell accepts any Orion finder scope or EZ Finder. The dovetail rail on the underside of the tube makes it easy to remove the telescope or attach it to the mount for easier setup. Attach an Orion StarShoot Solar System and you'll capture gorgeous high-resolution color images on your PC!
Orion Sirius EQ-G GoTo 180mm Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope Specs
- Telescope Series: Orion Sirius
- Telescope Optical Design: Maksutov-Cassegrain
- Telescope Aperture: 7.1" (180mm)
- Telescope Focal Ratio: f/15
- Telescope Focal Length: 2700mm
- Secondary Mirror Central Obstruction: 41mm
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 14.0
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 67x
- Highest Useful Magnification: 300x
- Telescope Counterweights Included: Two 11lb Counterweights
- Telescope Mount Type: Equatorial
- Telescope Latitude Range: 20° - 66°
- Telescope Power Source: DC
- Telescope OTA Length: 22.5"
- Telescope OTA Weight: 15.9lb.
- Telescope Total Weight: 62.9lb.
- Telescope Warranty Period: One Year