- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Orion Basic 1.25" Telescope Accessory Kit - 08889
Orion Basic 1.25" Telescope Accessory Kit
- Complete starter assortment of useful 1.25" accessories to get the most out of your telescope
- Includes 7 great accessories for any telescope - 2 eyepieces, 4 filters, and a versatile Barlow lens
- 20 mm and 7.5 mm 1.25" Sirius Plossl eyepieces for viewing at different magnifications
- 4 filters - 3 color planetary filters and a 13% transmission neutral-density Moon filter enhance views of our nearest celestial neighbors when they are attached to an eyepiece
- A powerful Shorty 2x Barlow lens doubles the magnification of any 1.25" eyepiece, providing a variety of magnification options
Every telescope deserves a thorough complement of quality accessories. By using different focal length eyepieces, visual eyepiece filters, and Barlow lenses, you can push your telescope to its full potential of performance. There are a multitude of different eyepiece, filter, and Barlow lens choices available to amateur astronomers. In fact, the variety is so vast that for many observers, especially those new to the hobby, picking the right telescope accessories can be a very confusing process. Orion’s pre-configured Telescope Accessory Kit cuts through the confusion to provide a well thought-out assortment of our most popular and performance-packed accessories.
With the Orion Telescope Accessory Kit, you’ll receive seven accessories in a foam-lined hard carry case to help you get the most out of each evening spent with your telescope.
Two Sirius Plossl Telescope Eyepieces
Using different eyepieces enables you to "zoom in" on details with low focal-length high-magnification eyepieces to view, for example, a specific cratered region of the Moon. Conversely, using moderate to long focal length eyepieces provide a wider field of view to take in larger swaths of the night sky to view, for example, the entire disk of the full Moon, or a wide-field open star cluster or gaseous nebula. Two Sirius Plossl eyepieces provide two different viewing magnification options. Plossl eyepieces feature four-element optics that are multi-coated and a pleasantly wide 52° apparent field of view. The included 20mm focal length eyepiece will provide a relatively wide field of view in most telescopes, but with a higher magnification than a 25mm eyepiece that is traditionally provided with a telescope. The 7.5mm focal length eyepiece yields a significantly higher magnification, useful for obtaining a more close-up view of celestial objects.
2x Shorty Barlow Lens
The included Shorty 2x Barlow doubles the magnifying power of any 1.25" eyepiece used with it, providing an easy way to effectively double the number of magnification options at your disposal. The Shorty’s 2x amplifier lens is an achromatic glass doublet that is multi-coated with anti-reflection coatings to ensure excellent light transmission. The machined and anodized aluminum housing is internally baffled to eliminate unwanted reflections and increase contrast, and features filter threads to accept any 1.25" Orion eyepiece filter.
A 13% transmission neutral density Moon filter to reduce glare during brighter phases and optimize contrast of lunar landscape features. Not only will you see more surface features, but you can study them in greater comfort. This telescope filter reduces irradiation, which is the distortion at the boundary between light and dark areas, such as along the lunar terminator.
Three Color Eyepiece Filters
Three color eyepiece filters are included to accentuate lunar and planetary features and details as indicated below:
• Enhances contrast of lunar features
• Coaxes out details of dark features of the Martian landscape and cloud detail in Mars’ thin atmosphere
• Improves contrast on the crescent of Venus
• Helps resolve the cloud belts and polar regions of Jupiter
• Enhances Martian surface details
• Augments bluish cloud regions on Jupiter and Saturn
• Increases contrast of Mercury against blue sky
• Improves cloud definition on Venus
• Enhances details in Jupiter’s cloud belts and Red Spot
• Increases contrast of high clouds and polar caps on Mars
• Highlights lunar surface details
• Adds contrast to cloud features on Venus
The Orion Telescope Accessory Kit includes an aluminum carry case with a die-cut foam interior with cut-outs for each included accessory. The carry case measures 10.5" x 7.5" x 3.5" and weighs 2.1 lbs. with all the included accessories stowed safely inside.
Every telescope deserves a good set of accessories, and every amateur astronomer deserves to enjoy the enhanced views a thorough set of accessories provide. With the Orion Telescope Accessory Kit, you and your telescope will be amply equipped for all astronomical adventures!