- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Orion StarShoot AutoGuider Pro & 60mm Guide Scope Package - 21405
Orion StarShoot AutoGuider Pro & 60mm Guide Scope Package
Bring your astro-imaging setup to the next level with Orion's top-performing AutoGuider and Guide Scope Package! Precise tracking is simple and quick to setup with the sensitive Starshoot Autoguider Pro. Attached to the 60mm Guide Scope, the StarShoot Autoguider Pro will make it easier than ever to capture everything from the serene features of the Moon to faint deep-sky objects with pinpoint, sharp precision. Also included are two guide scope rings, dovetail bar, objective lens cap, 1.25" nosepiece, parafocal ring, and cables to connect your setup with ease.
No matter what type of telescope you're using for long-exposure astrophotography, precise guiding is an absolute requirement to obtain pinpoint star images. Using both a dedicated autoguider device and a guide scope is arguably the best way to optimize the accuracy of any astrophotography pursuit. Employing a complete autoguiding setup like the Orion StarShoot AutoGuider & 60mm Guide Scope Package is especially useful for capturing images of faint deep-sky objects, when multiple long exposures are required.
The included StarShoot AutoGuider Pro's very high sensitivity and exceptional 74% quantum efficiency and make it a perfect match for the versatile 60mm Multi-Use Guide Scope. Thanks to its higher sensitivity than other devices, the StarShoot AutoGuider Pro's sensor will display more potential guide stars to choose from. The 1/3" CMOS sensor resolution of 1280x960 (1.2MP) not only helps achieve very accurate autoguiding, it also gives the versatile StarShoot AutoGuider Pro the ability to perform as a solar system imaging camera on its own to capture sharp monochrome exposures of the Moon and planets with a fast frame rate of up to 200 frames per second.
The included 60mm Multi-Use Guide Scope with Helical Focuser has a large, 60mm aperture lens for excellent light-gathering. The larger aperture lets you see more stars in the guide scope field-of-view, for a brighter and wider selection of guide star choices. A built-in helical focuser allows precise focus adjustments with zero flexure for rigid performance. The focuser moves the attached AutoGuider Pro inwards or outwards while maintaining its orientation, so your field of potential guide stars will not rotate as focus is adjusted. Two heavy-duty guide scope rings with nylon-tipped thumbscrews are included for precise aiming, as is a 3.5" long (8.9 cm), 1.18" (3cm) wide Synta-style dovetail mounting bar for easy attachment.
Orion Starshoot Autoguider Pro Specs
- Imaging sensor: Aptina Mono CMOS MT9M034
- Imaging sensor size: 1/3"
- Pixel array: 1280 x 960 (1,228,800 total)
- Pixel size: 3.75 x 3.75
- Imaging chip: Monochrome
- Video frame rate: Up to 200 fps
- Exposure range: 0.00002s to 600s
- A/D conversion: 8 bit
- Mounting: 1.25" nozzle
- USB connection: High-speed 2.0
- Software compatibility: Windows 7/8
- Binning: 1x1, 2x2
- Weight: 34oz.
Orion 60mm Guide Scope Specs
- Optical design: Refractor
- Optical diameter: 60mm
- Focal length: 240mm
- Focal ratio: f/4.0
- Coatings: Fully multi-coated
- Glass material: Crown/Flint
- Resolving power: 2.30arc*sec
- Lowest useful magnification: 9x
- Limiting stellar magnitude: 11.5
- Tube material: Aluminum
- Length: 10.2"
- Weight: 2.0 lbs.
- Weight: 32oz