- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Pegasus Astro DSLRBuddy v2 Controller Only - PEG-DSLRBUD2
Pegasus Astro DSLR Buddy v2 Controller
Designed for the purpose of supplying DSLR cameras with constant power, the DSLR Buddy v2 from Pegasus Astro is a small device for astrophotographers that is also capable of powering a heater by shifting the duty cycle of the DC voltage (PWM control). Astro-imagers of all experience levels will find that this device certainly lives up to its name by being the ideal "buddy" to your DSLR in the mountains.
Enjoy guaranteed all-night camera operation with this dummy battery and integrated Dew Heater Output. The DSLRBuddy v2 is uniquely suited for time-lapse astrophotography applications (deep sky, star trails, etc).
Constant Power Supply for DSLR Cameras
Plug the dummy battery to your DSLR so you won't have to remember to replace the battery each time the power drains out.
Connect a 5-13.8V power supply to the DSLR Buddy to provide your camera with reliable, uninterrupted voltage for the entire night.
Either use the DC socket or the USB Micro socket. Use your Power Bank to step up voltage for your camera.
Automatic Voltage Selection
Without pause, the DSLRBuddy will automatically choose the highest voltage output whether DC IN or USB Micro socket.
Built-In Single Channel RCA Dew Heater Output
The DSLR Buddy has a built-in Pulse Width Modulation duty cycle control output for Dew Heater or Flatbox that provides more than 5A of current to your heaters.
Dew Heater output works only with DC 2.1 mm socket 5-12V input.
Simple Rotary Knob Control
By using the knob located on the side of the DSLR Buddy, you can manually dim the Dew Heater output. A red PWM duty cycle indicator light signifies the change in brightness when you make adjustments using this knob.
Reverse Polarity Protection
This device is designed to be protected from reverse voltage polarity. No worries if you accidentally reverse connect your power source.
A wide variety of battery couplers are available for Sony, Fuji, and Canon DSLR/Mirrorless camera models. These are listed below along with the camera models they are compatible with.
- Sony Mirrorless Coupler: A7, A7R, A7S, A7II, A7RII, A7SII
- Fuji Mirrorless Coupler NP-W126: HS30EXR, HS33EXR, HS50EXR, X-A1, X-E1, X-E2, X-M1, X-Pro1, X-T1, X-T2
- Nikon DSLR EP-5A for ENEL14 Battery Coupler: D3100, D3200, D3300, D3400, D3500, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500, D5600, Df DSLR
- Nikon DSLR EP-5B for ENEL15 Battery Coupler: D7000, D7100, D7200, D850, D750, D7500, D810, D500, D800, D610, D600
- DR-E17 Coupler: Canon EOS M3 Mirrorless
- DR-E18 Coupler: Canon EOS Rebel T6s/T6i (760D/750D)
- DR-E8 Coupler: Canon EOS 700D, 650D, 600D, 550D
- DR-E10 Coupler: Canon EOS 1100D and 1200D
- DR-400 Coupler: Canon 5D, 50D, 40D, 30D, 20D, 10D, D60, D30
Pegasus Astro DSLR Buddy v2 Specifications
- Voltage: 5-15V DC (Reverse Polarity Protected). 12V DC is preferred.
- Power Input Connector: 2.1 mm Center Positive socket or USB Micro socket.
- DSLR Output: 3.5 mm Mono Jack (pin is positive), DC 8V.
- Dew Heater or Flat Output: 1x RCA (5A max current) works only when device accepts power from 2.1 mm DC socket.
- Dimensions: 66 mm (2.6") x 66 mm (2.6") x 28 mm (1.1")