- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
QSI 683wsg-8 Cooled Monochrome CCD Camera with Internal 8-Position Color Filter Wheel - 683WSG8
QSI 683wsg Cooled Mono CCD Imaging Camera
Buy this Camera & Get a Filter Set for 50% Off! For a limited time, when you buy any new monochrome Atik or QSI camera (except the Atik LP) you will be eligible to purchase your choice of one Atik LRGB or Narrowband Filter Set at a substantially discounted price! If you are interested in this offer, put an eligible camera into your shopping cart and then visit the Atik Filter Sets page to choose your discounted filter set. Remember, you must have a new Atik or QSI mono camera in your shopping cart in order to take advantage of this offer. We will cancel any orders that do not follow these rules. Thanks.QSI 600 Series cameras, including the 683wsg-8, provide dual read rates of up to 8 MHz with high-speed USB 2.0 and full 16-bit output for high quality images with high frame rates, as well as extremely wide dynamic range, excellent linearity and exceptionally low noise. Cooling is achieved with a custom 2-stage TEC supporting regulated cooling to greater than 45ºC, or greater than 50ºC with the optional Liquid Heat Exchanger. All cameras in QSI's 600 Series connect to a host computer with imaging application software via a High Speed USB 2.0 port (USB 1.1 compatible). For a complete 2048 x 2048 image frame, read and transfer time is usually about 1/2 second in High Speed mode and under 7 seconds in High Quality mode. The frame rate can be further increased by reading just a portion of the image (ROI) or with flexible on-chip binning. The superb imaging performance of QSI 600 Series cameras is wrapped in an eye-catching, compact design with outstanding power efficiency and upgradeable features to protect your investment. The refined engineering and impressive fit, finish and attention to detail will surpass your highest expectations.
QSI 683wsg Monochrome CCD Camera Features
Kodak KAF-8300 CCD Sensor: QSI 683wsg monochrome cameras incorporate the popular KAF-8300 full frame CCD image sensor featuring micro lens technology as well as anti-blooming protection. This 8.3 MP resolution sensor has 5.4 µm x 5.4 µm pixels in a 2758 x 2208 imaging array. Peak QE is over 60%, while dynamic range is over 70db. The KAF-8300 sensor uses true two-phase charge transfer technology with transparent gate for a substantial enhancement in optical response when compared to typical front illuminated full frame sensors.Mechanical Shutter: The QSI 683WSG-8 Camera comes with both an electronic shutter and a mechanical shutter. When operating with an interline transfer CCD, the mechanical shutter is not used to actually make the exposure. This is still the responsibility of the electronic shutter. The mechanical shutter is employed to cover the CCD and simplify the creation of Dark and Bias frames for subsequent image processing. WSG Body & Integrated Filter Wheel: To accommodate both an internal 8-position color filter wheel and an integrated guide port, this QSI 600 series camera uses a WSG body. Constructed of CNC machined aircraft grade aluminum, the QSI 683wsg camera body was engineered with extensive use of advanced CAD-CAM design tools. Elegantly finished anodized body components are built using corrosion resistant stainless steel hardware throughout. Filter wheel accepts standard threaded 1.25" filters*. Integrated Guide Port (IGP): The Integrated Guider Port in the QSI 660wsg works by redirecting a portion of the light from your main telescope with a pick-off prism into a separate guide camera mounted on top of the WSG cover. The Integrated Guide Port solves a number of problems associated with other common guiding solutions. The main image on this page depicts a camera with red arrows to represent the portion of light being redirected to the guide camera. As light enters the camera, it hits the pick-off prism located ahead of the built-in eight position color filter wheel and is reflected upward at a 90º angle to the guide camera attached on top. By capturing light for guiding from in front of the filters and mechanical shutter, you're able to use all guide star light for the purposes of guiding as no light is removed by pass through a red, green, blue, or narrowband filter first, ensuring the best possible signal to noise ratio (SNR) for your guide stars. Guiding is possible even with the shutter closed. Measuring 1/2" square, the pick-off prism is optimally placed close to the internal filter wheel barely outside the field of view of the main sensor to support the use of guide cameras with large sensors while the main sensor vignetting is prevented even with extremely fast optical systems. High Quality Read Mode: High Quality (HQ) Read Mode provides the lowest possible noise but requires a longer time to read the image from the sensor. High speed (HS) Read Mode reads the image from the sensor at 8 million pixels per second (8 MHz) supporting frame rates of up 15 fps depending on the camera model, ROI and binning. USB 2.0 and Full 16-Bit Output: Pixel depth is a full 16-bits per pixel for the smoothest color and gray scale transitions and the lowest noise. Selectable ROI and Binning: Every QSI camera features selectable Region of Interest (ROI) and binning for high flexibility in framing your subject. Output Hardware Trigger: QSI cameras are able to produce a hardware signal from the Control Port to generate an external event such as a strobe. Regulated Cooling: Cooling the CCD is essential for successful long exposure imaging. Sensor cooling dramatically reduces the dark current and resulting thermal noise in an image and makes long exposures practical. QSI 600 Series cameras use a very efficient thermo-electric cooler (TEC) which relies on the 'Peltier Effect' to cool the CCD. When power is applied to a TEC, one side of the device gets cold and other side gets hot, essentially pumping heat from the cold side to the hot side. All QSI 600 Series cameras employ a two-stage TEC to increase the differential cooling effect. The more power applied to the TEC, the greater the differential cooling and the colder the CCD can get. The heat pumped from the CCD, as well as the power dissipated by the TEC, creates a significant amount of excess heat that must be removed from the camera. The back of a QSI 600 Series camera acts as a large heatsink with cooling fins machined directly into the body. Two automatically controlled cooling fans force air through these fins. The movement of air through the cooling fins greatly increases the amount of heat removed from the camera. Keep in mind that the lowest temperature that the CCD can be cooled is limited by the ambient air temperature and the speed of the cooling fans. Achieving very low temperatures is easy when imaging outdoors during cooler weather. If it is particularly cold you may not even need to turn the fans on, but if it is too warm you may need the help of Liquid-Assisted Cooling, which is available optionally. Power Efficiency: One of the defining features of the 600 Series cameras is power efficiency. A fully configured WS camera operates from a single 12v DC supply and consumes less than 24 watts at full cooling, with both fans at maximum and the filter wheel moving. Other camera model configurations have power consumption as low as 5 watts. Included with each camera is an approved 12 volt DC power supply with an input voltage range of 90-240V, 50-60HZ. Notification: All QSI 600 Series cameras offer both visual and audible notification. Various states of camera operation are indicated by a multi-color LED status display. Indicator behavior can be modified or disabled entirely by the user. Aural feedback of camera operation and status is provided by a unique internal beeper. As with the visual display, this beeper can be modified or disabled by user command.
QSI 683WSG Monochrome Camera Body Specifications
- Body Type: Integrated Guider Port Enclosure
- Shutter: Mechanical (Sensor has electronic shutter)
- Minimum Exposure: 0.03 seconds
- Maximum Exposure: 240 minutes
- Internal Filter Wheel: 8 positions for 1.25" threaded filters (upgradeable to 31mm)
- Integral Guider Port: Yes
- Dimensions: 4.45” width x 4.45” height x 3.08” depth (add 0.23” for T-mount)
- Weight: 46 oz. (1300 g)
- Thermoelectric CCD Cooling: Temperature regulation +/- 0.1°C, @ 0°C to -40°C CCD temperature
- Cooling in Free Air, Fans @ Full Speed: Typically 40°C below ambient air with 85% cooling power
- Liquid Cooling (Optional) - Fans Off: Typically 45°C below circulating liquid with 85% cooling power (adds 0.75" to camera depth)
- Cooling Fan Control: Intelligent, user configurable
- Read Rate: User selectable High Quality mode at 800KHz, High Speed mode at 8MHz
- Camera Gain: User selectable High Gain 0.13 e-/ADU (default), Low Gain 0.28 e-/ADU
- Digital Resolution: 16 bits in both High Quality and High Speed modes
- Total System Read Noise: <4 electrons RMS (typically <3.5 e- RMS, CCD specification limited) in High Quality mode (typically <7 e- RMS (CCD specification limited) in High Speed mode
- Pixel Dark Current: <0.002 electrons per second at -10°C
- Full Image Read and Download Time: Typically <16 seconds (host computer dependent) in High Quality Mode (800KHz), <2 seconds in High Speed Mode (8MHz), Image download times will be reduced with binning and/or subframe (ROI)
- Binning Modes: Symmetrical and Asymmetrical binning up to 9 pixels horizontally or vertically
- Status and Notification: User configurable multi-color LED status indicator and multi-function audible beeper. Over-temperature and high/low voltage alarms.
- Power Consumption: 12v, 2A (24 watts) at max cooling, max fans and filter moving (25 AC watts max with included 90-240V AC power supply)
- Operating Environment: Temperature: -20°C to 30°C, Humidity 10% to 90% non-condensing
- Computer Connectivity: USB 2.0 High Speed (USB 1.1 compatible)
- Other Ports: Optically isolated 4 channel control port for telescope guiding or input/output shutter trigger (See API Reference Manual for details)
- Included T Mounting Adapter: 42x0.75 mm t-thread
- Nosepiece: T-Adapter to 2"
KAF-8300 CCD Imaging Sensor Specifications
- CCD Sensor: Kodak KAF-8300 Monochrome
- CCD Architecture: Full Frame
- Microlens: Yes
- Anti-blooming: Yes - 1000x suppression
- Imager Size (WxH): 17.96mm x 13.52mm
- Active Pixel Array (WxH): 3326 x 2504
- Pixel Size: 5.4 µm x 5.4 µm
- Pixel Full Well Depth: 25,500 e-
- Absolute Quantum Efficiency Peak: 57%
- Quantum Efficiency at 400 nm: 38%
- Pixel Dark Current: <0.002 electrons per second at -10°C
- Intrinsic Read Noise: 8 electrons RMS
- Dynamic Range: 70db
Available Upgrades: All of the upgrades listed below can be found in the "Accessories" section. Please make sure to add them to your cart, along with this camera, in order to take advantage of the savings. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact a member of the High Point team by chat, email, or phone. Thanks. 1. Camera control software is not included with this camera, since many people already have software they prefer. If you do not purchase the Maxim LE upgrade at the time of camera purchase ($149), you will need to have your own camera control software. 2. *You can upgrade to a 5-Position Filter Wheel that accepts 31mm unmounted filters for $50 as long as you make this choice at the same time you purchase your camera. If you opt for the standard 1.25" filter wheel now but decide to use 31mm unmounted filters at a later time, you will need to purchase the appropriate retaining screws to accommodate the depth of your filters, and doing so will allow the standard filter wheel to accept 31mm unmounted filters. 3. This camera has standard t-threads on the faceplate, and comes with a T-mount adapter and a 2" nosepiece. If you need 2.156" threads, with a 2.156 adapter and 2" nosepiece, you can upgrade at the time of your camera purchase for $149, which saves you $100 over buying the 2.156" camera mounting package at a later time.