- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Sky-Watcher EvoView ProED 80 APO Refractor on AllView Alt-Az Mount - S20160
Sky-Watcher EvoView 80 Telescope Package
ProED 80 APO Refractor on AllView Multi-Function Alt-Az Mount
This special mounted SkyWatcher telescope includes their EvoView ProED 80 mm refractor, with its superb apochromatic optics, and the computerized AllView alt-azimuth mount.The SkyWatcher ED80 APO f/7.5 doublet uses ED Schott BK-7 and FPL-53 ED glass, which produces beautiful true-color views with virtually zero chromatic aberration. It comes with a dual-speed Crayford-style 2" focuser, an 8x50 right-angle image erect finderscope, a 2" dielectric diagonal, two 1.25" eyepieces (20 mm & 5 mm), and an aluminum carry case! The Sky-Watcher AllView Multi-Function Mount is a great choice whether you want an easy-to-use computerized GoTo mount for classic celestial viewing or you prefer to take panoramic or time-lapse images through your DSLR camera. The celestial database has almost 43,000 objects, enough to keep you busy for some time to come, but unlike other computerized mounts, it has a panoramic feature that lets you take amazing, wide field photos of the sky or terrestrial objects.
More About the Sky-Watcher ProED 80 APO Refractor
For an amateur astronomer, nothing offers more imaging potential than Sky-Watcher 80 mm EvoStar Pro ED APO refractor under clear skies with a stable atmosphere. This moderately wide-field telescope covers large swaths of the sky in a single view for optimal wide-field astronomical observation of eye-catching nebulae, star clusters, and galaxies from any location with dark skies. It can also be used as an astrograph for sky photography. When used as a spotting scope or telephoto lens for terrestrial viewing, the SkyWatcher ED80 APO provides absolutely superb performance with ultra high contrast to highlight even the minutest of details when examined under good seeing conditions. With a petite footprint, this mounted SkyWatcher telescope is a light, compact instrument that fits into a small space while providing easy portability. Structural detail of gas giants such as Jupiter and Saturn becomes evident at approximately 50 power. Moon craters are also displayed in impressive detail along the lunar terminator.Sky-Watcher ED-APO the Ultimate Refractors: For their design class, ED-APO refractors from Sky-Watcher offer the finest obtainable images. If you covet the ultimate in pristine, virtually flawless astronomical imaging, you've finally found what you're looking for! With Sky-Watcher ED apochromatic refractors, you'll experience breathtaking reliably high contrast views that have no equal of planetary and deep-space objects against pitch black skies. As an investment in advanced instrumentation for exceptional viewing or astrophotography, this mounted SkyWatcher telescope is the logical choice. Virtually Eliminates Residual Chromatic Aberration: For their design class, ED-APO refractors from Sky-Watcher offer the finest obtainable images. If you covet the ultimate in pristine, virtually flawless astronomical imaging, you've finally found what you're looking for! With Sky-Watcher ED apochromatic refractors, you'll experience breathtaking reliably high contrast views that have no equal of planetary and deep-space objects against pitch black skies. As an investment in advanced instrumentation for exceptional viewing or astrophotography, Sky-Watcher ED-APO refractors are the logical choice. Schott Glass Used for Front Crown Element and ED 2 Lens Element: The SkyWatcher ED80 APO benefits from the inclusion of Schott glass being used for the positive front Crown element in the objective. Schott is the recognized world leader in glass utilized for precision optical lens systems, including medical instrumentation, and famous-brand camera lenses. While Schott glass is only used in selected models, all other models utilize top-quality, Grade-A glass from perhaps less famous but, nonetheless, highly respected, high-quality glass manufacturers. Pride and Perfection in Optical Manufacturing: Each lens element is individually tested for purity to make sure that striae and other image-degrading deficiencies are absent. Using state-of-the-art methodology and tightly controlled optical testing procedures, highly skilled opticians pitch polish every lens to exacting standards of optical fabrication and performance. This results in supreme quality, diffraction-limited optics that operate to their theoretical limits given their aperture size. All lenses are evenly air-spaced in their cell housings. Metallic High-Transmission Lens Coatings: All air-to-glass lens surfaces features exceptional anti-reflection metallic coatings to ensure ideal light throughput. Sky-Watcher's proprietary Metallica High-Transmission Coatings (MHC) are the best available anti-rejection coatings in their class.
Light-Baffled Optical Systems
Both the objective lens cell and draw tube are light-baffled to eliminate stray, unfocused light, and to assure maximum contrast. With a flat blackened interior, unfocused internal light reflections are kept from reaching the focal plane.
Precision 2" Crayford-style Focuser is Standard
Optical focus is obtained via a mechanically ultra-smooth precision 2" Crayford-style focuser with no backlash and M56x1 threads. Includes 1.25" adapter. This focuser provides two speed for fine as well as ultra-fine focusing adjustments.
Telescope Tube Attachment Hardware:
Sky-Watcher APO aluminum optical tubes come with attachment hardware that allows them to be securely fastened to the Sky-Watcher AllView Mount. The quick-release tube rings are cast aluminum, and painted white.
This SkyWatcher EvoStar Pro 80ED APO refractor telescope package includes an 8x50 RA viewfinder with bracket; 2" dielectric diagonal; two 1.25" LE (Long Eye Relief) eyepieces (25 mm and 5 mm); 1.25" focuser adapter; tube ring attachment hardware for mounting to the Sky-Watcher AllView Mount (included in this package), and a foam lined aluminum carry/storage case for the optical tube and accessories.
More About the Sky-Watcher AllView Alt-Az Mount
The Sky-Watcher AllView Mount is a truly versatile mount, perfect for panoramic photography, videography, and astro-imaging. AllView is a fully automatic Go-To mount that can be paired with a variety of cameras, camcorders, and telescopes. Take time-lapse video of outdoor activities, panoramic images of cityscapes, astro-images of the Moon, stars, galaxies, and more with this sophisticated computerized mount.
- Capture full 360 degree panoramas with a DSLR or most point-and-shoot cameras
- Capture motion time-lapse movies with your DSLR while the mount rotates
- When shooting video with a camcorder or DSLR, use the Sky-Watcher AllView as a motorized panning head for smooth motion
- Attach any small telescope (using the standard 1.75" dovetail bar) and the mount's Go-To electronics will find any of 42,000 celestial objects and automatically center and track them in your eyepiece
Sky-Watcher AllView Mount Features:
- When shooting panoramas or time-lapse images, your DSLR will be automatically triggered via an electronic shutter release. (Included shutter release cable is compatible with Canon Rebel DSLR cameras. Optional cables are available for other camera models.)
- Dual encoder technology enables manual movement of the mount by hand or hand control without sacrificing alignment
- 3/8" tripod socket allows mounting to nearly all prosumer tripods
- This AllView Alt-Az Mount does not require a cumbersome external power supply for use in the field as it can be powered using 10 internal AA batteries
- Motorized mount easily detaches from the heavy duty tripod for convenient transport and storage
- Computerized hand control's intuitive interface makes setting up panoramas and time-lapse photos easy
- All brackets are included for mounting cameras and camcorders that use a standard 0.25"-20 tripod socket
Sky-Watcher All-View Mount Specifications:
- Mount Type: Motorized Altazimuth with manual release clutch knobs, and computerized motion control, via internal computer hardware
- Tripod: Adjustable height, steel tripod legs, accessory tray
- Power Requirements: 8 to 16 VDC, 1 Amp, (Tip positive)
- Payload Capacity: 9 lbs. (4.08 kg)
- Slewing Speeds: 1000x, 800x, 600x, 400x, 200x, 32x, 16x, 8x, 2x, 1x; Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Lunar, Solar
- Tracking Modes: Dual Axis Tracking
- Alignment Procedures: Brightest-Star Alignment, Two-Star Alignment
- Computer Hand Control: SynScan hand controller, flash upgradeable
- Database: Complete Messier, NGC, IC, and SAO catalogues, 25 user-defined objects, total 42,900 objects
- Camera Adaptable: 1/4-20 thread L-bracket included
- Dovetail Compatibility: Accepts "Vixen-style" dovetail
- Weight: 21 lbs. (9.53 kg)