- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Skywatcher Skymax 150 mm Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope OTA - S11530
About the Sky-Watcher Skymax 150 mm Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope
Skywatcher Skymax 150mm Maksutov-Cassegrain telescopes are all about sharp, contrasty images, and the flexibility to use them as a telescope for astronomy, a spotting scope for terrestrial use, a lens for photography…or all three! This Skywatcher 150mm Maksutov-Cassegrain telescope for sale uses a large 5.9” lens system to do the job of gathering light so you can see faint objects millions of light years away. The classic long focal length of f/12 will give you inky dark background skies so that celestial targets stand out beautifully.
The Skywatcher 150 mm Skymax comes with a nice selection of accessories, including a 2” 90-degree star diagonal, a 28 mm 2” LET eyepiece, an 8 x 50 straight-through finder for the location and centering of objects, and a Vixen-style dovetail plate, which allows you to mount your telescope on an alt-azimuth or equatorial mount that can handle at least 12 pounds.
Why a Maksutov-Cassegrain Telescope?
Maksutov-Cassegrain telescopes are super popular, and for good reason! First of all, they are very portable for the size of their optics. With a relatively short, lightweight optical tube, the 5.9” Maksutov-Cassegrain is way more portable than a similar-sized refractor or Newtonian. But let’s face it, portability isn’t everything! You still need enough light-gathering to see the objects you wish to look at, whether that object is Saturn, the Orion Nebula, a boat on the horizon at dusk, or a deer resting in the shade of an oak tree. 150 mm (almost 6”) of aperture is large enough to enjoy the Moon and planets as well as a wide array of deep-sky objects, and this Maksutov-Cassegrain telescope for sale will blow you away for terrestrial applications.
Another consideration when choosing a telescope or spotting scope is how sharp the optics are. This is where the Skywatcher 150 mm Maksutov-Cassegrain really shines! A Mak-Cass uses both mirrors and lenses to gather and focus light, and this design is famous for sharp, high-contrast “refractor-like” images. Then why not just buy a refractor and be done with it? Because a 6” f/12 refractor would be way longer, much heavier, and therefore would require a bigger, more expensive mount to hold it. There goes your portability! No, if you want a portable telescope or spotting scope that has bright, sharp images with a beautiful black background sky (an effect of the long f/12 focal length), then you should seriously consider the Sky-Watcher 150 mm Maksutov-Cassegrain! And since Sky-Watcher makes a full line of Maksutov-Cassegrains, from the ultra-compact 90 mm to the full-sized 180 mm (7”), you can choose the aperture that’s right for you if you feel you need something smaller or a tad bigger.
Skywatcher USA 150 mm Skymax Specs
- Optical Design: Maksutov-Cassegrain
- Aperture: 150 mm (5.9 in)
- Focal Length: 1800 mm
- Focal Ratio: f/12
- Included Eyepieces: 2” 28 mm LET
- Finderscope: 8 x 50 Straight-Through
- Diagonal: 2” 90 degree star diagonal
- Highest Useful Magnification: 300x
- Optical Coatings: Fully multi-coated
- Tube Weight w/Accessories: 14 lb.
- Tube Length: 15” (17.5" with diagonal)
- Tube Width: 7.5”