- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Software Bisque Paramount ME/MX Permanent Pier - PIERMEIIMX
Software Bisque ME/MX Permanent Pier
The Software Bisque Permanent Pier comes in a variety of heights and will fit all versions of the Paramount ME and MX mounts. The pier is constructed of two steel plates welded to a 10” diameter steel tube, and the whole thing is powder-coated on the interior and the exterior to protect the pier from corrosion.
Paramount ME/MX Pier Column
The pier column is .13” thick. The height of the column can be chosen from the drop-down below. Generally, the following heights below are readily available from the manufacturer. Custom heights (from 10" to 60") can be ordered - feel free to inquire for estimated delivery & associated costs.
- 12” height; weight is 42 lb.
- 18” height; weight is 48 lb.
- 24” height; weight is 54 lb.
- 30” height; weight is 58 lb.
- 36” height; weight is 64 lb.
- 48” height; weight is 76 lb.
Paramount ME/MX Pier Bottom Plate
The bottom plate of the Paramount Permanent Pier is made of .5” steel. It has an 11” x 11” footprint with 1” radius corners. Each corner has four slotted holes. These holes allow for approximately 10 degrees of rotation for polar azimuth adjustment. You can attach the pier to concrete with four 0.5” J-bolts. You can take a look at a drawing as well as an image of the base plate by clicking on the pictures to your left.
Paramount ME/MX Pier Top Plate
The Software Bisque Permanent Pier Top Plate is also made of .5” steel and is slightly larger in diameter than the base plate (11.850”) to accommodate the Paramount ME base. There are mounting holes drilled in the plate for both the ME and the MX; both are shown on the top plate drawing and image to your left. ME holes are marked 1-4, MX holes are marked 5 - 8. Please note that the 23.9 cm (9.40-inch) hole pattern for the Paramount ME is symmetric about the center of the pier, so the pier can be mounted at any multiple of 90-degrees for Paramount ME only installations.
If you would like to mount the Paramount MyT Mount on the ME/MX Permanent Pier, you will need to buy the MyT Base to Permanent Pier Adapter.
How to Order the Paramount Permanent Pier
Choose your pier height from the drop-down list below, and click the "Add to Cart" text below the drop-down. The shipping shown on your order is for the 12” model, and so if you require a taller pier, your shipping charges will most likely increase. If you choose “Custom” from the drop-down, a representative from High Point will contact you to get the details, and will provide you with an ETA as well as any differences in shipping and/or pier costs beyond the base price you will see on your order. Thanks!