- Using this Sol-Searcher Solar finder means you can find the Sun safely by looking at it, and not through it.
- The aperture "pinhole" projects an image of the Sun on to a 1/4" translucent "screen."
- Once the Sun is centered on the screen, it will be centered in the scope.
- The Tele Vue Sol-Searcher Solar Finder attached to the mount ring slot of every Tele Vue telescope.
- The Sol Ranger helps locate the sun quickly within a SolarMax telescope.
- Coronado's Sol Rnager casts a beam of light onto an opaque glass viewer when the sun is in the main scope's FOV.
- This Sol Ranger connects to the Coronado SolarMax's clamshell.
- The Sol Ranger's dimensions are as follows: 3.3" x 1.0" (85 mm x 25 mm) W x H.
- This finderscope has a 50 mm objective lens and 9x magnification.
- Orion's finder scope bracket fits most Orion telescopes.
- Aiming the finderscope is easy with correct left-to-right and top-to-bottom image.
- Included with this finderscope is a right-angle 9x eyepiece.
- This alt-azimuth mount automatically tracks the Sun and its movement through the sky.
- Included with this Orion Solar Tracking mount is a built-in GPS and a CCD sensor.
- The Orion altazimuth mount is for solar use only.
- Eight AA batteries are needed to power the Solar Tracking mount.
High Point Scientific carries the most popular telescope brands among astronomy enthusiasts, including Celestron, Baader Planetarium, Orion, and many more. We also design our own astronomy products under the High Point brand, to give you the best selection of products at the price you’re looking for.
We work directly with manufacturers to give you a wide selection of products from many other brands like Meade, TeleVue, Explore Scientific, Coronado, and iOptron. While we have dedicated many hours researching what telescope brands you - our customers - are looking for, we encourage you to explore up and coming brands on our website such as William Optics, Pentax, SkyWatcher, and Stellarvue.
High Point Scientific offers many of the latest brands to choose from for telescope accessories. Just a few of these brands include AstroZap, ADM Accessories, Losmandy, Takahashi, and JMI. It’s important to make sure you have the correct accessories for your aspirations and budget and our experts are here to make sure you find them.
Astro-imaging is a growing industry, not just for photographers, but for astronomy hobbyists as well. With so many quality, affordable products, it’s easy to see why! Brands like QSI, ZWO, and QHY have designed some of the best astrophotography cameras in the industry, and we have them right here at High Point!