- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Starlight Xpress Trius Pro 814 with SXMFW-1T and Lodestar X2 - 100-0066
Starlight Xpress SX-814 Combo Package
with Camera, Mini Filter Wheel, Integrated OAG
and Lodestar X2 Autoguider
About the Starlight Xpress Trius SX-814 CCD Camera
The Trius Pro series cameras from Starlight Xpress follows in the Trius series cameras in utilizing a built-in USB 2.0 hub at the back of the camera. This design allows users to minimize their cables to the computer by connecting the filter wheel and guide camera to the camera directly. The Trius Pro series takes that concept and then furthers the cameras functionality.
This Trius Pro 814 CCD camera was designed to have electronics that give lower read noise figures than most CMOS cameras (when used at unity gain) and faster downloads. The impressive cooling capability of this Trius Pro gives significantly better dark-noise figures, and it has 16bit data. With the new design, calibration frames are optional, rather than mandatory. No more dark frames!
- Lower read-noise than CMOS cameras
- High QE
- Ultra-low Dark Current
- Argon filled CCD Chamber
- Built-in Powered USB Hub
- Front Plate Can Be Collimated
- Faster Download Speed
- Compact and Lightweight
- Sensor: SONY ICX 1” format sensor series
- Color or Monochrome: Monochrome
- Pixel Array: 3388 x 2712
- Pixel Size: 3.69uM x 3.69uM
- Sensor Dimensions HxV: 12.5 mm x 10 mm
- Full Well Depth: >12K
- Data Format: 16 bits
- Computer Interface: Built-in USB 2.0
- Image Download Time: 3.5 seconds
- Delta Cooling: -45°C
- Read Noise: 3-e
- Dimensions: 75 mm diameter x 70 mm length
- Weight: 0.9920802 lb
with Five 1.25" Positions and Integrated Slimline OAG
The Starlight Xpress Mini Filter Wheel, with its integrated off-axis guide prism, is a compact solution for mobile setups, or where the lightest possible wheel and guider are required. The Mini Filter Wheel is USB controlled and powered, with five 1.25” filter positions. The integrated OAG is pre-set to be close to par-focal with most Starlight Xpress cameras. The Lodestar X2 is an ideal match to the OAG pick-off tube. Connections are T-thread male and T-thread female.
The Starlight Xpress Lodestar X2 is a very compact guider which is powered and operated via a single USB2.0 computer connection. The Lodestar X2 also provides an opto-isolated output connection for direct control of most mounts via their Autoguider sockets. This output is compatible with the ST4 style of RJ12 connection and supplies 4 pull down direction lines and a common return. Alternatively, you may send the mount control signals via a serial connection from the guider control computer.
The SX Lodestar X2 utilizes a very sensitive Sony ‘ExView’ CCD (the ICX829) with an array of 752 x 582 pixels in a ‘half-inch’ format. Although the chip is not cooled, it has a very low dark signal and very little readout noise, so it can be used to guide on faint stars that are beyond the reach of webcams and CMOS chip based guide cameras. Because of the high sensitivity and high dynamic range characteristics of the Sony ICX829, the Starlight Xpress Lodestar X2 makes a superb electronic finder and planetary imaging camera as well as a splendid autoguider!
- Sensor: Sony ICX829 EXview HAD CCD
- Transfer Method: Interline
- Image Size: 8 mm Diagonal, Type 1/2
- Total Pixel Array: 795 x 596
- Effective Pixels: 752 x 582
- Total Effective Pixels: 440K
- Pixel Size: 8.4 um x 9.8 um
- Computer Interface: Built-in USB 2.0 compatible interface
- Image Download Time: Typically 0.2 seconds at full resolution using USB 2.0
- Power Requirements: USB powered
- Guide Socket: RJ12
- Cooling System: Ambient air cooling
- Body Size: 1.26” x 2.83” or 32 mm x 72 mm
- Back Focal Distance: 12.5 mm
- Weight: approx. 1.76 ounces, or 50g