- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Stellarvue 3.6 mm Optimus 110 Degree Eyepiece - 1.25"/2" - EOP-03.6
Stellarvue 3.6 mm Optimus 1.25" Eyepiece with 2" Adapter
Stellarvue Optimus eyepieces were designed for those who want a high power eyepiece and an amazingly wide field of view at the same time! With a focal length of 3.6 mm, this Stellarvue Optimus would work well for planetary viewing as well as double star and lunar observations. Since a 110-degree eyepiece has almost twice the area of a wide angle 82-degree model, the celestial object of your choice will stay in the field of view longer. This is especially nice for those with alt-azimuth mounts and telescopes without tracking!
The Stellarvue 3.6 mm Optimus eyepiece consists of 8 lens elements in 6 groups. Each lens is fully multi-coated and their edges are blackened to stop internal reflections. There are also black baffles inside the eyepiece that reduce reflections, and to top it off, the interior of the lens barrels are painted black. All of these precautions result in an eyepiece that is free of ghosting, flaring, or unwanted reflections, giving you a beautiful, high contrast view of our Universe.
While not waterproof, all Optimus eyepieces are weatherized and the outer lenses are sealed. A rubberized grip helps you handle this eyepiece safely, even with gloves on, and the rubber eye guard folds down for those who wear glasses while viewing. The Optimus 3.6 mm comes with a removable 2" adapter that reveals a 1.25" barrel, allowing you to use it in both 1.25" or 2" focusers or diagonals.
Stellarvue 3.6 mm Optimus Eyepiece Specifications
- Focal Length: 3.6 mm
- Barrel Size: 1.25" with 2" Adapter
- Apparent Field of View: 110 Degrees
- Eye Relief: 15 mm
- Lens Elements: 8
- Lens Element Groups: 6
- Coatings: Fully Multi-Coated
- Filter Threads: Yes; standard filter threads on both 1.25" and 2" barrel
- Eye Cup: Rubber, foldable
- Weight: 17 ounces at 1.25", 19.5 ounces at 2"