- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Takahashi Mewlon 300CRS Corrected Dall Kirkham Telescope OTA - TLK30310
Takahashi Mewlon 300CRS Corrected Dall Kirkham Telescope OTA
- The largest in the corrected Dall-Kirkhams made by Takahashi is the Mewlon-300CRS
- Transforming the M-300 into a corrected flat-field instrument is made possible with an internal 3-element ED corrector in the Melwon-300CRS
- The Mewlon-300CRS has an advanced computer controllable focusing system called Active Focus and can be controlled by ASCOM compliant programs such as Focusmax and Maxim DL
- The Mewlon-300CRS by Takahashi includes the pulse-motor-controlled secondary focuser
- A free ASCOM driver can be available for download. It enables the focus control and control of cooling system. Also included is backlash control to ensure precision focusing for image and visual applications
The Mewlon-300CRS is the largest in the corrected Dall-Kirkham's made by Takahashi. Transforming the M-300 into a corrected flat-field instrument is made possible with an internal 3-element ED corrector that is featured in the Mewlon-300CRS. Replacing the integral stepping motor control secondary focusing is the advanced computer controlled focusing system called Active Focus. Active Focus can be computer controlled by ASCOM compliant systems such as Focusmax and Maxim DL on the Mewlon-300CRS.
The ASCOM compliant, Active Focus System allows the secondary focusing to be computer controlled by programs such as Maxim DL and Focusmax. This system also includes Backlash control and the hand control can focus manually or with USB connector to a PC.
Standard equipment on the Mewlon-300CRS includes a low vibration three fan system that also aids cooling. There are three sensors used on this system. They include one on the mirror, one inside the tube and another outside the tube to accurately measure ambient temperature, which allows the cooling system to operate either manually with the hand control or by PC. For easy computer connection, there is a USB connector conveniently located on the hand controller. For manual operation, the fan button is pressed to turn on the cooling system. The power behind the focusing is done by a 12v AC power supply for computer focusing or four AA batteries for manual focusing. Allowing computer controlled focusing is accomplished via a free driver.
The M-300CRS is a flat field corrected telescope. The M-300CRS produces a flat field, high contrast images, and pinpoint stars across the entire field. This is possible due to the three element ED permanent corrector in the M-300CRS, a perfect match for the new Takahashi UW flat field 90° eyepieces.
- Optical system: Corrected Dall-Kirkham
- Effective aperture: 300 mm (11.8")
- Focal length: 2960 mm (116.5")
- Effective focal ratio: f/9.9
- Image circle: 40 mm
- Tube diameter: 324 mm
- Tube length: 1045 mm
- Weight: 27 kg-59.4 lb
With Reducer CRO 0.73x
- Focal length: 2160 mm
- Focal ratio: f/7.2
- Image circle: 35 mm
With Extender CRI 1.5x
- Focal length: 4475 mm
- Focal ratio: f/14.9
- Image circle: 44 mm