- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Takahashi TOA-130NFB - 130mm f/7.7 Ortho APO Refractor with 4" Rack & Pinion Focuser - TOK13310
Takahashi TOA-130NFB Ortho APO Refractor
130mm f/7.7 with 4" Dual Speed Rack & Pinion Focuser
The Takahashi TOA-130NFB Refractor has a unique Ortho-Apochromatic optical configuration. The TOA design consists of three elements just like any triplet, but the front and rear elements of the TOA telescopes are constructed from FPL-53 Extra Low Dispersion (ED) glass for stunning clarity and resolution. Takahashi engineers have taken great pains to eliminate spherical aberration while keeping axial chromatic aberration to a minimum in the visible light spectrum. In fact, the TOA design produces less than 1/100th the aberration of a typical apochromatic design! With an airy disc Strehl ratio of 0.992 and 12th wave accuracy, you will be delighted with your views! The lens cells on the TOA-130 are carefully constructed and are capable of withstanding transport. They also allow for collimation if the owner wishes to make adjustments.
The Takahashi TOA-130NFB is a dream come true for both visual astronomers and serious astrophotographers. The NFB model includes a 4" dual speed rack and pinion focuser with a built-in camera angle adjuster. This camera adjuster allows the astrophotographer or observer to turn the camera or eyepiece 360 degrees. This flexibility helps place an image at its most pleasing angle and is especially helpful for astro-imagers. The TOA-130NFB focuser offers a generous 274.5 mm of back focus, 7:1 fine focus capability, and a beefiness that will handle the largest cameras with ease.
Long enough for high magnification of the moon and planets, the TOA-130 has a native f/7.7 focal ratio with a 1000 mm focal length. This superb double ED triplet refractor produces images with saturated color and amazing contrast due to its high order of color correction. The TOA-130 is packaged in a compact 40" tube (with the dew preventive lens shade retracted) that weighs only 27 lb. Overall, the TOA-130 is another fine, high-quality instrument by Takahashi.
Takahashi TOA-130NFB Refractor Specifications
- Model: TOA-130NFB
- Part Number: TOK13310
- Old Part Number: TSA0131
- Optical Type: Double ED Triplet
- Aperture: 130 mm
- Resolution: 0.89”
- Limiting Magnitude: 12.3
- Light Gathering Power: 345X
- Focal Length: 1000 mm
- Focal Ratio: f/7.7
- Tube Diameter: 156 mm
- Tube Length - Extended: 1155 mm
- Tube Length - Retracted: 1022 mm
- Tube Weight: 27.12 pounds/12.3 kg
TOA-130NFB with Optional Reducers, Flatteners or Extenders
- Flattener: Takahashi 35 Small Flattener
- Product Number: TKA31582
- Effective Focal Length: 980 mm
- Effective Focal Ratio: f/7.5
- Resulting Image Circle: 40 mm
- Flattener: Takahashi 67 Flattener
- Product Number: TKA31583S
- Effective Focal Length: 1000 mm
- Effective Focal Ratio: f/7.7
- Resulting Image Circle: 90 mm
- Reducer: Takahashi 35 .7X Reducer
- Product Number: TKA32580A
- Effective Focal Length: 698 mm
- Effective Focal Ratio: f/5.4
- Resulting Image Circle: 44 mm
- Extender: Takahashi 2” 1.6X Extender
- Product Number: TKA31595
- Effective Focal Length: 1600 mm
- Effective Focal Ratio: f/12.3
- Extender/Flattener: Takahashi 2” 1.5X ED Extender/35 Flattener
- Product Number: TKA37595
- Effective Focal Length: 1500 mm
- Effective Focal Ratio: f/11.5
- Resulting Image Circle: 44 mm