- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
Tele Vue NP127fli - 5" f/5.3 Imaging Refractor for FLI Proline Camera, Atlas Focuser & Centerline FW - NPF-5055
Tele Vue NP127FLI Imaging Refractor
- Tele Vue & FLI have teamed up to make an imaging dream machine that is still lightweight and portable - go where dark skies lead you!
- To make the magic happen, pair this fast, flat-field 5" f/5.3 N-P APO refractor with an FLI Proline Camera, Atlas Focuser, and Centerline Filter Wheel. All FLI products are sold separately.
- Tele Vue's Large Field Corrector will sit inside of the Atlas focuser, putting it in the perfect location to accommodate the Centerline filter wheel & any FLI Proline camera.
- Tele Vue's image plane tilt correction is part of the rear section of the NP127fli, and before the telescope is shipped out, it is set up and aligned so that it arrives to the end user as close to plug & play as possible.
“Regarding my thoughts it is quite easy, I have used all kinds of telescopes over the years, different brands and sizes but the Tele Vue-NP127fli was the first one that was perfect out of the box, without the slightest tweak needed, plus the outstanding sharpness, field correction, and rigidity, to me it is a perfect instrument.” — Wolfgang Promper“Although David [Nagler] mentioned ... that there is some tweaking available to the end user I didn't find this necessary so the first light image is produced from the system as it arrived. From my perspective and first use it is truly plug and play. The system is proving to be very easy to use and the focus is very stable with checks necessary only after meridian flips and filter changes — not due to temperature changes. Only one adjustment was necessary for this [Andromeda Galaxy] image.” — Gordon Haynes
More About the Tele Vue NP127FLI Imaging Refractor
Tele Vue Optics and Finger Lakes Instrumentation have teamed together to create a "turn-key," wide-field imaging system dedicated to the astro-imager. The flat-field, fast focal ratio, and short focal length of the NP127fli are a perfect match for the ProLine PL16803 camera. Together they produce over a 4° field of beautifully sharp stars!
The NP127fli has been designed to ideally position the Atlas focuser near the center of its travel. Tele Vue's "Large Field Corrector" lens sits within the Atlas and is properly located to accommodate the combined path length of FLI's CenterLine filter wheel and ProLine cameras. All connections use FLI's Zero Tilt Adapter system. Additionally, Tele Vue's unique image plane tilt correction is incorporated into the new rear section of the NP127fli. In the final stage of the build process at Tele Vue, each scope is set-up so that the imaging train will be as close to perfectly adjusted as possible. User adjustability is built-in to allow for any possible differences between a customer's existing pieces of equipment.
Tele Vue NP127-FLI Specifications
- Type: APO (Nagler-Petzval) Refractor
- Number of Elements: 5
- Number of Groups: 3
- Objective (mm): 127
- Focal Length (mm): 680
- Focal Ratio: f/5.3
- Length OTA (inches): 35.8 (without FLI hardware)
- Maximum Imaging Field (deg.): 4.3 (52mm diagonal chip)
- Weight OTA (lb.): 15.7
- Required Accessories: FLI Atlas focuser, FLI CenterLine filter wheel, a FLI ProLine camera