- Fast Shipping, Same or Next Day: You made the commitment to purchase, now you want that new item fast, we get it! At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval.Read more ...
- Unlimited Tech Support Forever: One of the many perks of being a High Point customer is that you get access to our tech support team forever! We are astronomers at heart and truly enjoy helping fellow amateurs achieve success in the field! Read more ...
- 30 Day Return Policy: Ordered the wrong product? Don't worry, we'll take the majority of our products back within 30 days of the purchase date.We want to get you into the observing setup that bests fits your needs. Read more ...
- Guaranteed Price Match: Call or email us if you find a better price on a product! Provide a link for our team to confirm the price and within a matter of seconds you'll have a price match providing the re-seller is within the USA and authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product of interest. Read more ...
- We're Your Connection To The Manufacturer: In the event there is a warranty issue with a product purchased from High Point, we will serve as the liaison between you and the Manufacturer. The net result is faster, more attentive service from the Manufacturer and an enhanced customer experience. Read more ...
ZWO ASI1600MM Pro Monochrome Astronomy Camera with 8-Position EFW and 1.25" LRGB, Ha, OIII, & SII Filters - ASI1600MMP-K1
ZWO ASI1600MM Pro Monochrome Camera Kit 1
The ZWO ASI1600MM Pro Kit 1 includes the monochrome version of the ASI1600 Pro camera, as well as an 8-Position Electronic Filter Wheel for 1.25" or 31 mm filters, plus 1.25" LRGB, H-Alpha, OIII, and SII filters!
ZWO ASI1600MM Pro Monochrome Astronomy Camera
With low read noise, low dark current, and high dynamic range, the ZWO ASI1600 Pro camera offers top-of-the-line astrophotography performance. Due to its super low read noise, this camera features 12.5 stops of dynamic range, even with a 12-bit ADC. This represents an upgrade over the KAF8300.The ASI1600 Pro's chamber is sealed via four screws. This structure has been fully tested and is known to have great stability. Even in conditions of high humidity, this camera still works fine and is not impacted by dew issues.
DDR Memory Buffer A 256MB DDR3 memory buffer is integrated into the ASI1600 Pro camera's upgrade PCB board to improve data transfer stability and avoid amp-glow issues encountered during readout with USB2.0 due to slow speed data transfer. This DDR memory buffer is the main distinction between ASI "Pro" cameras and ASI "Cool" cameras.
USB 3.0 Port & USB 2.0 Hub 5 gb of bandwidth is provided by the USB 3.0 port to run the ASI1600 Pro at 14.7 fps in normal 12bit mode, or, at full resolution, 19 fps in high speed 23bit mode. In order to power the cooler, ZWO suggests either a 12V at 3A-5A or more DC adapter (2.1*5.5, center positive), or a 9-15V battery (sold separately). USB 2.0 HUB links up numerous accessories like a filter wheel, guide camera, and electronic focuser, for easier cable management. The ASI1600 Pro comes with two short 0.5 m USB2.0 cables. An external supply provides the power source when connected.
Cooling System The ASI1600 Pro camera has a two-stage TEC cooling system for extremely deep -40ºC below ambient cooling. A separately sold AC-DC power supply is required to operate the cooler.
ASIair Pro Camera Control (sold separately)
There is a wireless camera control solution available for this camera, and it's called the ZWO ASIair Pro. This small wireless module allows you to focus, take images, make adjustments with your smartphone or tablet, and even do plate solving and computerized mount control with the built-in SkySafari bridge. If you'd like to add an ASIair Pro to your camera order, you can find it in the suggested accessories section.
ZWO ASI1600MM Pro Cooled Mono Imaging Camera Specifications
- Sensor: 4/3" Panasonic MN34230 CMOS
- Diagonal: 21.9 mm
- Resolution: 16 MP
- Pixel Array: 4656 x 3520
- Pixel Size: 3.8 µm
- Maximum FPS at Full Resolution: 23 fps
- Shutter: Rolling
- Minimum Exposure: 32 microseconds
- Maximum Exposure: 2000 seconds
- Read Noise: 1.2e @30db gain
- QE Peak: 60%
- Full Well Capacity: 20keer.
- ADC: 12bit
- DDRIII Buffer: 256 MB
- Interface: USB 3.0/USB 2.0
- Adapter: 2"/1.25"/M42x0.75
- Protect Window: AR
- Diameter: 78 mm
- Weight: 14.5 oz.
- Back Focus Distance: 6.5 mm
- Cooling: Regulated two-stage TEC
- Delta T: 40-45 degrees below ambient
- Cooling Power Consumption: 12V at 2A max
- Working Temperature: -5°C - 45°C
- Storage Temperature: -20°C - 60°C
- Working Relative Humidity: 20% - 80%
- Storage Relative Humidity: 20% - 95%
ZWO 8-Position Electronic Filter Wheel
This ZWO Electronic Filter Wheel (EFW) is capable of holding up to eight 1.25" mounted or 31 mm unmounted filters. 31 mm filters are kept in place via included set screws and washers.Black anodized and CNC machined from aircraft-grade aluminum, the EFW8 is rugged and durable, despite weighing in at only 14 ounces. An interior Japanese-made NPM stepper motor is used to rotate the carousel clockwise or counterclockwise. ZWO cameras use a USB2.0 hub and included cable to power the EFW8.
ZWO 1.25" LRGB Filter Set
- These 1.25" LRGB filters are designed to approximately emulate the ASI1600 monochrome sensor's flux
- Comes with four 1.25" filters - Luminance (IR-Cut), Red, Green, and Blue
- Over 92% light transmission at passband
- Transmission, color separation, and coatings are all improved over standard LRGB filters
- RGB color combined weights are approximately 1:1:1
- 700 nm - 1100 nm infrared wavelength cut-off and precision off-band blocking
- Fine optical polishing ensures 1/4 wavefront precision
- Multiple layers of anti-reflection coating enable better performance
- Each filter in this set has a small spectral gap to minimize the effect of light pollution
- All four filters come mounted in a solid filter cell
ZWO 1.25" Narrowband Filters
Narrowband filters do not remove light pollution effects, nor do they enhance the brightness of an object. In many instances, they boost the contrast between nebula and the night sky without brightening the nebula.With these filters, the transmission of particular wavelengths of light is reduced, especially those generated by artificial light sources such as mercury vapor, high and low pressure sodium vapor lights, and undesired light resulting from neutral oxygen emission in our atmosphere (skyglow).
- The ZWO 1.25" H-Alpha Filter, with a bandpass of 7 nm, allows light to pass at 656 nm wavelength with a light transmission rate of nearly 80%. Optimally suited for high contrast imaging and displaying vibrant details in nebulae even under severe light pollution.
- Passing light at 672 nm with a 7 nm bandpass, the ZWO 1.25" SII Filter is made for viewing most emission nebulae, planetary nebulae, and supernova vestiges. Combine this filter with the H-Alpha and OIII narrowband filters for tricolor CCD astro-imaging.
- The 1.25" OIII 7 nm filter from ZWO permits light to pass at a wavelength of 500 nm, in conjunction with OIII emission lines, while obstructing all other light. This narrowband filter will take your imaging beyond RGB to enable the capture of your favorite nebulae in a completely new light, regardless of how much light pollution is involved.